homeCode Robotics Starter Kit Lessons
- Have purchased a homeCode Robotics Starter Kit available at the homeCode online store - go to the main homeCode website if you're unsure.
There's massive hype around coding and robotics nowadays but so many services miss the point. Coding and robotics is only useful insofar as it makes our children's thinking visible and helps them to solve problems. That's what the homeCode Robotics starter kit is all about. This course is a companion to the kit for your to get up and running using coding and robotics in your classroom. If you haven't already, you can purchase your kit at https://homeCode.shop.
Who this course is for:
- Home school parents and students
- Class teachers who want to use coding and robotics in their teaching (the easy way)
- 10:07Get Started with Your Kit!
- 05:36Get Connected to a PC/Mac
- 08:16Get Connected to an Android/iOS Device
- 08:40Lesson 1: Introducing...
- 08:42Lesson 2: Rock Paper SCREAM!
- 14:00Lesson 3: Conductivity
- 17:12Lesson 4: Light Up the World
- 12:22Lesson 5: Musical Fruit
- 02:05It's Not the End!
- 00:43Bonus Lecture
I am a qualified teacher (Post Graduate Certificate in Education for Grade 7-12) with an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Honours in both Anthropology and Theology. I have been working in different roles in schools for nearly 10 years and found my absolute favourite thing to do was include coding and robotics in subjects such as Natural Science and English. After seeing my experience in this, at the school I worked at primarily, I was given the task of being sole Coding and Robotics teacher for grade 0-7! This means I have taught from grade 0-12 and have seen how coding and robotics, and Thinking Skills, can help equip the next generation for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
I've stepped out of mainstream education to focus on homeschooling. My training and experience in teaching Thinking Skills and Coding and Robotics is helping me equip parents who want to take charge of their children(s) education. I'm here to empower families on their learning journey!