Herbalism :: Essential Herbal Medicine Favorites
- This is an introductory course for anyone interested in their health and the health of their families.
There are many home health remedies available to us that are simple to make or take at home that can truly build vitality or even lessen the severity of an illness. Many of these are recipes passed down from our grandmothers and have been used for hundreds of years. Even though many of these health remedies are folk medicine, their effectiveness has been backed up by science.
In this course you will learn remedies essential for health and to have on hand for several common situations including nausea, cough, sore throat, burns, infections, digestive issues, insomnia, fever, bites/stings, rashes, bruises and joint issues just to name a few. Many of these health remedies are quite simple.
Remedies covered in the course include:
- Herbal First Aid
- Kitchen Medicine
- Cold & Flu Remedies
- Herbs for Energy
Being prepared is essential!
So join me in this truly important, empowering and informative course.
- Those interested in herbalism and herbal medicine.
- Those interested in empowering their health and wellbing.
- Those interested in preventative care as well as those interested in healing themselves and their loved ones.
- Ingredients for Teas01:04
- The Details of Making a Medicinal Tea01:47
- What Essential Oils are Worth Putting into the First-aid Kit02:55
- Make a Lavender Spray01:56
- List of Teas and Essential Oils for First Aid00:12
- Garlic: The BEST Remedy to have on Hand02:10
- Garlic: The Many Uses02:10
- Garlic: Making Pickled Garlic01:37
- Ginger: Joint Health, Nausea, Colds and PMS02:40
- Ginger: Make a Chai Tea02:21
- Chai Tea Recipe00:07
- Make Fire Cider for Congestion03:08
- Fire Cider Recipe00:09
- Make a Tasty and Warming Ginger Tea01:38
- Ultimate Energy with Power Paste04:42
- Power Paste Recipe00:10
Elizabeth Heck is the founder and Director of the Home Herb School. The school offers a complete suite of herbalism courses empowering students to build confidence in working with plant medicines.
As Udemy’s most qualified herbalism instructor, Elizabeth has a solid background in herbal medicine. She has a 25 year history as a land steward, medicinal herb grower and medicine formulator. She was the founder of Pure Dermacare, an herbal products company offering all natural, botanical-based skincare.
Elizabeth taught botanical and herbal curriculums as a naturalist at Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden for nearly a decade. She also makes speaking appearances at the top herbal conferences, teaching centers and events globally. Most notably, Elizabeth frequently presents at the International Herb Symposium which invites the most highly respected teachers from around the world, the New England Women's Herbal Conference, one of the oldest, largest and most honored herbal gatherings and the legendary Sage Mountain Herbal Retreat Center.
Elizabeth has a deep appreciation for the need of plant conservation. While on the Minnesota Native Plant Society Board of Directors for several years, Elizabeth was active in important ecological preservation programs. She has also participated in programs offered by United Plant Savers.
Beyond her degree from the University of Minnesota, Elizabeth's formal herbal training started back in the late 1990s. Education with world-renowned herbalists and botanists included:
▪️ Apprenticeship with Rosemary Gladstar
▪️ Herbal Wisdom with Lise Wolff
▪️ Intermediate and Advanced Herbalism with Matthew Wood
▪️ Extensive training with esteemed botanist, Dr. Robert Mohlenbrock
▪️ Mentoring in ethnobotanical traditions of Native American, Central American and upper Amazon cultures.
She now passes on that wisdom and experience to empower her students in the art and science of plant medicines. Elizabeth’s passion for the green world shines through as she guides students step-by-step in her best selling online herbalism courses.