Build Your Own Home Hydroponic Farm
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will have your own hydroponic rail system and be growing produce!
- Grow a steady supply of fresh produce right in your home
- Learn the details of growing delicious hydroponic lettuce, so you may never buy lettuce again!
- Understand the basic needs of lettuce and how to meet them hydroponically
- Troubleshoot common problems that occur when growing hydroponic lettuce
- Operate basic tools such as a cordless drill and hand saw
A full tutorial on how to build a hydroponic rail system to grow produce right in your home or greenhouse. In this course, I will go over the basics of what hydroponics is, explain some of the most common types of hydroponic systems, give a very in depth explanation of this system, how it works and what you need to build it. I will include every detail you need on building and connecting the rail system, the materials needed to build it, setting up a growing area, as well as managing your nutrients and planting seeds. We like to take a simple approach, so we take care to simplify the design and process into something that is attainable for anyone looking to grow a steady supply of produce.
If you're nervous to take the plunge into attempting a DIY hydroponics set up, but would really love to grow fresh produce in your home, this course is for you. You don't need prior hydroponics or building experience. I will walk you through every single step in the build process - every cut, every hole to drill, every connection, along with instructions on setting up lighting and nutrients for your plants.
As a bonus, we've also added a full guide to growing hydroponic lettuce! We'll go through how to meet all of the growing needs of lettuce hydroponically. We'll cover the specifics of nutrients, lighting, pH, and how to manage these things in a simple and effective way. We'll share our favorite lettuce varieties that work best in hydroponic growing settings, and give a thorough troubleshooting guide for dealing with common problems gardeners may face in their hydroponics journey such as tipburn, bolting, root rot, pests, and more. We are all about simple, and we desire to make growing hydroponic lettuce something that is attainable for you!
Caleb at Simple Greens Hydroponics
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in growing their own food year-round
- Hobby gardeners curious about hydroponics
Hello! I enjoy growing hydroponic produce as simply as possible and teaching others to do the same. We've spent several years (and lots of prototypes) designing a system that is easy to maintain and super productive. I'd love to help you set up a system and grow food right in your home!