Home Health Aide, Nurse Aide, Caregiver Certification Course
What you'll learn
- Participants will acquire basic knowledge and skills needed in delivering healthcare service in a home healthcare setting.
- This course will enable participants to be competent home health aides and caregivers.
- You will learn personal care tasks and core tasks performed in a home healthcare setting.
- You will acquire skills and knowledge needed in dealing with and relating with home health clients.
- Acquire necessary skills and knowledge needed in caring for the elderly and those with chronic medical conditions.
- You will acquire skills and knowledge needed in caring for children, mentally ill patients and those with physical and developmental disabilities.
- Participants will learn how to provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation using the current guidelines mapped out by the American Heart Association.
- You will also learn basic anatomy, physiology & pharmacology.
- You will acquire skills and knowledge on infection control.
- You will acquire patient safety skills and learn effective patient monitoring.
- You will also acquire knowledge on basic nutrition and meal preparation.
- You will learn skills on how to assist home care patients with bill payments, budgeting and light housekeeping.
- No prerequisite. Just jump right in even if you have no prior science background and/or healthcare experience. The course is delivered in a simplified format.
Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide, Nurse Aide, Caregiver Training Program/ Certification Course
Become A Certified Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide, Nurse Aide, or Caregiver!!
Do You Want To Work As A Certified Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide, Nurse Aide Or Caregiver?
Enroll In Our Home Health Aide (Home Health Assistant), Personal Care Aide, Nurse Aide, Or Caregiver Certification Course.
Work In USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Middle East etc.
NB: Countries and some USA States may have different requirements. Some may or may not require certification exams. However, for countries that require exams, this course/ training program will equip you with the basic knowledge and skills you need to pass the exam in one sitting.
About The Course
What is Home Healthcare?
Home healthcare delivery system is a system of healthcare services delivered outside the traditional healthcare settings, such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes. Home healthcare service allows patients to receive healthcare while remaining at the comfort of their homes surrounded by loved ones, which can facilitate their recovery and reduce their distress. An illness makes most patients not be able to accomplish activities of daily living (ADL). This is where the Home Health Aides, Personal Care Aides, Nurse Aides or Caregivers come in. They assist people with everyday tasks, such as bathing, dressing, cooking, eating, toileting, housekeeping, blood pressure measuring etc. Minor medically-related tasks are only carried out by Home Health Aides. Personal Care Aides may not carry our medically-related tasks. Ensure to adhere to the scope of practice in your country or U.S state.
Who is a Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide?
Being a Home Health Aide (Assistant) or Personal Care Aide means being a caregiver; taking care of people and connecting and building healthy relationships with patients.
A Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide or Caregiver plays a vital role in a patient’s life by giving daily care and support to a patient.
The role of a Home Health Aide/ Personal Care Aide or Caregiver is important in home care services. They are important members of the home healthcare team.
U.S. Bureau of Labor data revealed that Home Health Aide/ Personal Care Aide is one of the fastest growing occupations.
Study at your pace
20 Modules to be completed
Course format: Videos, audio, slides, pdf.
Quizzes/exams: At the end of each module, there is a quiz consisting of 10 questions to test your knowledge on the module. Always read the instructions of each question before answering the question. To get certified in this course, the student should get at least 75% or higher in his or her final grade for the final exam. You can retake the final exam.
Why Choose This Program?
You will acquire basic skills and knowledge that will help you to succeed in your career as a Home Health Aide/ Personal Care Aide, Nurse Aide or certified Caregiver.
This course is delivered by an experienced tutor and training consultant.
USA Standard Home Health Aide/ Personal Care Aide training with additional course modules to meet up with global needs.
Wider scope of training: 20 modules to be completed in this training/certification program.
Learn from the comfort of your home, through online learning (full time or part-time). At your own pace.
Numerous personal care tasks to be completed towards the end of the lectures in module 18 that will help you to be a competent home healthcare worker.
Receive our institute official certificate at the end of the training course for employers, apart from Udemy certificate.
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in exploring a career in home healthcare/ caregiving; who intend to work as home health aides(home health assistants), personal care aides, nurse assistants and certified caregivers.
- Home health assistants and caregivers who want to improve their skills and basic knowledge on home healthcare as a form of continuing health education.
- It will equip people who are personal caregivers of their loved ones with skills and knowledge needed for effective caregiving.
- Those interested in having home health agencies.
- Those sitting for a certification exam in home health aide, personal care aide, nurse aide or caregiver practice. This course will prepare you for the exam.
Dr. Udochi Precious Anosike is an experienced medical doctor and public health consultant. She got her master's degree (MPH) in public health (Global Health) from Johns Hopkins University, USA. She has proficiency certificates in health, safety and environmental studies and chartered management.
Dr. Udochi Precious Anosike has over 15 years of experience in clinical medical practice, medical training, home healthcare training, public health practice and home healthcare delivery. She is passionate about general medical practice(family medicine) and home healthcare delivery. She is a novelist, health educator and a researcher.