Home Automation using Raspberry Pi
What you'll learn
- Develop home automation projects using Raspberry Pi
- Build a simple Intruder Detection System using the world's smallest and cheapest computer, Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Know how to setup the PIR motion detector sensor, Buzzer and the Webcam and how to integrate them with the Raspberry Pi
- Send an email with an attachment of the image of the Intruder using Python Program
- Create a database using MySQL to store the intrusion log
- Setup a LAMP Web server on the Raspberry Pi and configure it to serve a dynamic web page written in PHP
- You should be competent in working with Raspberry Pi
- You should know basic Python hardware programming
- You should know basic Linux shell commands
- You should know basic wiring of electrical and electronic components
This course, "Home Automation using Raspberry Pi" is for anyone who is interested in building some really cool Home Automation projects using Raspberry Pi. Since it is not a beginner course, the learner needs to have a basic knowledge of Raspberry Pi, Linux commands and basic Python Programming.
In this course, the learner will learn how to build an Intruder Detection System. Whenever there is any intrusion at home or office, it is detected using PIR motion detector sensor, an alarm is produced using a buzzer, an image of the intruder is captured, and an email containing the attachment of the image is sent to the user. A database containing the date, time, and image of the intruder is created and served over a web page using Raspberry Pi as a web server so that the user can access the web page to view the log of all the intrusions that have taken place over time.
The complete system is subdivided into individual sections and explained with the utmost detail so that it is easy to understand. It also explains the possible applications for such a system and how the learner can customize for his/her home or office. Complete Python source code and PHP code are also included so that the learner can easily replicate the system.
After completing this course, the learner will know how Raspberry Pi helps us in building home automation stuffs, developed on the core idea of "Internet of Things".
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to explore the applications of Raspberry Pi in the field of Home Automation.
- Since it is not a beginner course, a basic knowledge on Raspberry Pi is necessary for taking this course.
- If you are a beginner, please undertake our previous course on "Introduction to Raspberry Pi" before subscribing to this course.
Venkatesh Varadachari is the founder of MAKERDEMY, a pioneer maker education company head-quartered in Singapore.
Venkatesh believes that knowledge should be made available to people in all walks of life. Venkatesh also believes in the power of education to transform lives.
Venkatesh has an MBA from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
He also has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Madras University and a Masters in Financial Engineering from National University of Singapore.
Satyajeet is a passionate technology enthusiast and is excited about the possibility of impacting education through technology. Satyajeet holds a Masters in Computer Applications from VIT, one of the premier engineering institutes in India. He is a product engineer and spends his time creating exciting courses around the credit card sized Raspberry Pi.
Venkatesh is an avid and passionate engineer who has the crave to explore the cutting edge technologies. He completed his Bachelors of Engineering in Electronics and Instrumentation under Anna University. He is now pursuing his Masters in Electrical Engineering at The University of Texas at Dallas. He has worked extensively with Raspberry Pi in the field of IOT and Home Automation. His areas of interest include Embedded Systems, Micro-processors and Micro-controllers, Internet of Things, VLSI Design and VLSI Testing. He is also an enthusiastic educator who aims to take the latest technologies to the common man.