Home Automation Using Raspberry Pi And Windows 10 IoT
What you'll learn
- How this Home Automation Device is structured, user interface, device connection and working principle.
- Managing Different Rooms
- Device Addressing: Address Mapping
- What is the difference between I²C and other communication methods
- Circuit Connection
- Controlling High power loads via Arduino
- Software Needed to Code Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Communication Protocol
- Raspberry Pi and Arduino communication
- Windows 10 IoT User Interface
- Arduino Coding
- Visual Studio User Interface and Raspberry Pi Coding
- What is I²C and how it works
- What You Need to Get things done
- Tips and Tricks and Helpful Resources
- I2C Communication Protocol
- Device Address Mapping
- How to code I²C the right way and how to talk to multiple devices easily
- Code and Circuit Schematics to connect Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Communication Protocol between Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- Tips and Tricks
- Advantages of I²C and Disadvantages of I²C
- I²C Operation
- Main I²C Bus Library Functions
- How to implement I²C in your project
- Why using I²C will make your life easier
- Known Issues
- Internet Connection
- Computer, Laptop, Mac or Chrome device
- A basic knowledge in C Programming language
Use Raspberry Pi and Windows 10 to build a home automation system that can operate home devices automatically
Today, technology is enhancing human life. Technology is evolving in a very fast manner. Automation was an idea and a dream but not today. By combining the latest technologies with Home Devices, Everyone can build A Fully Automated Home. With the Raspberry Pi and Windows 10 IoT, we can build a home automation system that is capable of handling and operating any of your home devices automatically.
In this course, an Arduino UNO will be used to control different devices and reads different sensor data. Raspberry Pi will send requests for Arduino UNO to get the sensor data collected.
Each room can have multiple controllable devices(Light, Fan, Wall Socket), PIR Sensor, temperature sensor, and LDR, we will explain how to connect everything and how to code each part in a step-by-step manner.
Windows 10 IoT Simplifies the Internet of Things (IoT) with a rich device platform, world-class developer tools, enterprise-grade long-term support, and a global partner ecosystem. Do more at the edge with built-in machine learning capabilities and scale with the power of Azure IoT. Use the power of Windows to create a solution quickly and securely. We stand behind our products with 10 years of support.
Why we are using Windows 10 IoT Core:
Built for small, secure, smart devices. The smallest Windows 10 operating system still has the manageability and security expected from Windows.
Smart: Easily bring Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to the edge with Windows.
Secure: Help keep devices secure for the long term.
Fast: Quickly get IoT devices to market and maintain for the long term with out of the box OS.
What about Communication Protocols?
I²C (pronounced I-squared-C)
I2C Communication between Arduino and Raspberry Pi: A step by step guide to Master I2C Protocol and Start using it to connect your Arduino and Raspberry Pi
I²C Allows communication of data between I2C devices over two wires. which makes it easier for anyone to exchange information without too much wiring.
In today's world, every electronics hobbyist works with Arduino and Raspberry Pi to do his projects. With the introduction of Windows 10 IoT Core, Microsoft is also into the embedded world. Today Internet Of Things is a buzzword, but for basic things, we need an Arduino to communicate with a Raspberry Pi. In this course, I will explain how to communicate the Arduino with the Pi using an I2C bus and Windows 10 IoT Core.
I2C communications have become the de facto method of communicating between microcontrollers, microcomputers, and a variety of integrated circuits and sensors. It has been around since 1982 and was originally developed for use in television receivers.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Interested in Learning How to learn Home Automation Using Raspberry Pi And Windows 10 IoT
- Anyone Interested in Learning How to Control Home devices using a beautifully created User Interface by Combining the power of Raspberry Pi with Windows 10IoT
- Anyone Interested in Learning I2C Communication between Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Anyone Interested in Learning I2C Communication in A Step by Step Manner
- Anyone Interested in Learning Arduino I2C Communication
- Anyone Interested in Learning Raspberry Pi I2C Communication
- Anyone interested in talking to multiple devices easily via I²C the right way
- Anyone Interested in Interfacing Arduino with other ICs or devices via I²C
- Anyone Interested in Controlling different devices using I²C Protocol
- Arduino Lovers
- Raspberry Pi Lovers
Educational Engineering Team
Team of skilled Engineers Sharing Knowledge with the World
Educational Engineering Team is a Leading Team in Microcontroller Industry, with over 13 Years of Experience in Teaching and Doing Practical Projects.
We strive to put all our hands-on experience in these courses. Instead of superficial knowledge - we go into the depth of the topic and give you the exact - step by step blueprint on how to tame simple as well as complex topics in easy and digestible bite-sized videos.
This real-world knowledge enables you to grasp knowledge easily, and you can apply this learning immediately to your life and projects.
Educational Engineering Team has been in the Programming and Microcontroller business since 2007. We have been part of many projects. Over the course of these years - we have gained a good insight into students’ and educators’ needs. We are passionate about sharing all our collective knowledge with you. As of 2018, we have already taught over 250k-THOUSAND students and counting.
Currently, we have more than 100+ Courses on Udemy
Educator and Author of "Educational Engineering".
Ashraf is an educator, Mechatronics engineer, electronics and programming hobbyist, and Maker. He creates online video courses on the EduEng YouTube Channel (More Than 4 Million View, 20k + Subscriber) and author of four Microcontroller books.
As a Chief Educational Engineer since 2007 at Educational Engineering Team, the company he founded, Ashraf’s mission is to explore new trends and technology and help educate the world and make it a better place.
Educational Engineering offers educational courses and Bootcamps, articles, lessons, and online support for electronics hobbyists, Programming hobbyists, Microcontroller hobbyists, STEM students, and STEM teachers.
That team also work as freelancer engineers, helping many students in their graduation projects, and provide guidance and consulting for many students over the years to help them kick-start their career.
Ashraf’s core skill is explaining difficult concepts through in a step by step easy to understand matter using video and text. With over 11 years of tertiary teaching experience, Ashraf has developed a simple yet comprehensive and informative style in teaching that students from all around the world appreciate.
His passion for Microcontrollers and Programming and in particular for the world of Arduino, PIC Microcontroller, Rasberry Pi has guided his personal development and his work through Educational Engineering.
Ashraf’s online courses have helped over 250,000 people from around the world to be better and to make a great career in the industry.
Educational Engineering Team offer Course on
Circuit Design, Simulation, and PCB Fabrication
Arduino, PIC Microcontroller, and Raspberry Pi
Programming in C, Python, and other programming languages
PLC Industrial Programming and Automation
3D Design and Simulation
ESP and IoT World
For more information use the links in the profile page to follow Educational Engineering Team and Ashraf’s latest innovations.