Becoming a Healthcare Administrator
What you'll learn
- Understand the structure of the healthcare industry
- Understand the history of the healthcare industry
- Describe the role of the healthcare administrator
- Explain the educational requirements needed to becoming a healthcare administrator
- Describe the potential paths to becoming a healthcare administrator
- Book: Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim by Lana Bamiro (free copy for a limited time when you register for this course)
Are you a college student considering a career in healthcare? Are you a foreign medical graduate who wants to integrate into the healthcare system in America? Do you want a challenging yet exciting career where lives get changed? If you answer yes to any of the above, this course is for you.
This comprehensive course teaches you everything you need to know, and do, in becoming a healthcare administrator in the US Healthcare System. If you want a rewarding career, financially and otherwise the healthcare industry could be just the way forward for you.
In here, you will learn what it means to be a healthcare administrator. You'll also get a high level description of the prospects in this career, the best ways in, what the job market is like, and an early view on the steps needed to pursue a career in healthcare administration. Whether you’re a college student still trying to figure out what you want to major in, or a professional looking for a career change into the healthcare field, this course is for you!
Content and Overview
We start with looking at the structure of the US Healthcare System, and then we go into the history of the industry looking back 100 years. We progress into what the role of a healthcare administrator is in such a complex yet exciting industry. We discuss the educational requirements to becoming a healthcare administrator, and explore the many paths to achieving an ultimate goal of being a Hospital CEO or President of a healthcare system. Lastly, I share my personal experience as a healthcare administrator; we review my book titled Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim (which you’ll be getting a free copy) on my freshman year as a healthcare administrator.
- 6 video Lectures and over 130 minutes of content
- The e-book version of Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim, a 112 page book written and published by me
- Know the best ways to becoming a healthcare administrator
- Resources on how to start your healthcare administrator career
- Resources on where to go for additional information on the career
- Expedited access to my Leadership & Management mentoring program for Healthcare Leaders of Tomorrow (HLOT)
- Module 1: The healthcare industry and its intricate parts
- Module 2: Functioning as a healthcare administrator
- Module 3: Reality of healthcare administration.
Who this course is for:
- High School/College Students interested in a healthcare career
- Anyone interested in becoming a leader in a healthcare setting
- MD's/OD's, RN's, PharmD, RRT, PT,OT Speech Therapists, MLT
Lana Bamiro, DrPH, MPH, MBA, LSSGB, RRT, CHES is a goal-oriented professional health care practitioner with almost two decades of clinical, management, and leadership experience in health practice and administration, particularly in respiratory/ cardiopulmonary services. He is a self-proclaimed public health advocate and an enthusiastic healthcare consultant.
Lana has taught undergraduate courses in the Department of Health Administration, Health Studies, and Respiratory Care for various universities. He is also published, with his books, Freshman Manager: Sink or Swim and Charge Forward, Regardless available on amazon.
With his experience in clinical healthcare management and administration, his passion for health education and awareness, a Doctorate in Public Health, an MBA from the University of Central Oklahoma, and an MPH in Health Promotions, Lana functions as a healthcare consultant. In that role, he promotes and provides health education services to individuals, companies, groups, organizations, and communities by developing specific programs such as health fairs, seminars, and talks for the priority population. Being an avid public health advocate, Lana seeks to partner with any organization interested in improving the health and wellness of a community or group of people with the resources within their reach.
Lana's faith in Christ is what keeps him focused and driven to fulfill his purpose which includes empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders through traditional and unconventional education.