Social Media for Healthcare Providers
What you'll learn
- How the HIPAA Privacy Rule and HIPAA Security Rule apply to social networking
- Understand the advantages and benefits of social media communications to health care professionals
- Learn about permitted disclosures, the minimum necessary requirement and rules on endorsements
- Hear examples of prior HIPAA violations that resulted in fines from Dept. of Health & Human Services
- No prior knowledge of social media or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is required.
HIPAA Compliant Social Media Practices
In this course for the health care industry, we’re going to teach you how to use social media effectively and responsibly. We’ll show you how other health care professionals are using social networks and point out mistakes that could lead to lawsuits, fines, penalties and potentially even incarceration.
The US Dept. of Health and Human Services has issued rules on how health care providers, health plans and health care clearing houses and their Business Associates transmit patient health information. That’s the focus of this course.
Learn the key takeaways health care professionals need to know if they decide to use social media for work.
This course covers how health care professionals can use social media effectively and responsibly and points out mistakes that can lead to lawsuits, fines, penalties and incarceration.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for individual and group health plans, health care clearinghouses and health care providers that transmits health information.
I help clients convert mindshare into market share through owned, shared, earned and paid media.
• Freelance journalism
• White papers
• Guest editorials
• Primary research
• Commerce content
• Media relations
• Affiliate marketing
• Native advertising
• Local advertising
• Data visualization
• Content optimization
• Article briefs
• Editorial calendars
• Content operations
• Product landing pages
I led the center for digital innovation at Howard Industries, a $1B B2B, launched 2 SaaS start-ups and did integrated marketing for entertainment, media and tech clients at one the world's largest PR Agencies.
I’m a best-selling author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer. Some of the organizations I've advised are Boeing, Cirque du Soleil, City National Bank, Hard Rock Casinos, Johnson & Johnson, Korn Ferry, Lucasfilm, US Dept. of Defense, US Dept. of State, Inter American Development Bank.
My complete library of self-paced, online digital marketing, compliance and security training courses have been taken by nearly a quarter million people worldwide on Udemy and at my own website.
Google "social media training" to find my additional courses.