Hindustani Classical Vocal Lesson for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Understand your vocal pitch to sing comfortably
- Gain the ability to understand and practice the different notes in Indian music and pitch them correctly
- Learn various vocal warmup exercises to to boost your vocal stability and stamina
- Understand the importance of correct and consistent vocal practice to improve pitching and tone/quality of your voice
- You need a mobile phone (Android/iOS) on which you can download the vocal aids (apps) mentioned in the course
If you are interested in Indian Classical/Hindustani classical vocal music but don’t know where to start, this would be a good lesson to begin. My aim through this lesson is to take you through a step-by-step path to learning and practicing Indian/Hindustani classical singing and improving your vocal capabilities.
Learning any skill is a thrilling endeavour which takes time, effort and focus. And I want to help you experience it in the easiest way possible.
This lesson will help you improve your singing abilities and introduce you to Indian classical music. This will include understanding basic concepts – and their application in your practice.
In this lesson, you will learn:
Finding your vocal pitch
Introduction to swars(notes)
Indian range of notes in various pitches
Types of swars and concept of saptak
Introduction to tanpura and how to sing with its support
Breathing techniques to optimize your vocal capacity
Introduction to alankars (vocal warm up exercises)
Importance of riyaaz(practice)
I am providing PDF notes to refer along with each lesson to make your learning clear and easy.
This lesson will give you a good starting point and will build a strong base for your vocal singing journey.
Is this lesson for me?
Absolutely, everyone with an interest in Indian music - who wants to learn this skill of singing classical music, is welcome. You need not have prior knowledge of Indian/Hindustani classical vocal music to attend this class.
So let's go!
Come join me on this journey, looking forward to helping you learn this skill and having fun along the way!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone interested in Indian music and wants to improve their singing
Hi, I'm Prachi. I am a singer and vocal coach – specialising in Indian/Hindustani classical vocals and Bollywood/Hindi music. I have been learning music for 20+ years and teaching for the last 4+ years. I am certified 'Visharad' from Gandharva Mahavidyalay, and winner of Sony Mix channel's, 'Media Ke Surtaaj' duet competition. I am a musical content creator - song covers & educational content on social media channels like Youtube & Instagram.