Learn Hindi - The Hindi Starter Kit for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Learn Hindi in simple, bite sized chunks
- Learn Hindi words that can be used immediately right after Lesson1
- Learn the correct pronunciation of Vowels and consonants in Hindi
- Learn names of Colours in Hindi
- Learn names of Animals in Hindi
- Learn Days of week in Hindi
- Learn Directions in Hindi
- Learn names of Birds in Hindi
- Learn day to day Phrases in Hindi
- Learn Numbers 1 to 10 in Hindi
- Learn names of Months in Hindi
- You'll need access to a computer, laptop or smart device with internet or data.
- You should have basic computer/browsing skills.
- A Pen and Paper Handy to take notes.
- Be committed to practice and/or study Hindi daily (I recommend minimum 3 min. per day)
The course is aimed at a wide range of students with a general interest in Hindi. No prior knowledge of Hindi is required as the course is for complete beginners.
Objectives of the course:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Understand simple Hindi words and phrases on a variety of thematic topics.
2. Pronounce the Hindi words, alphabet sounds & phrases correctly.
3. Easily substitute the English words with the new acquired Hindi words in your day to day conversation.
4. Communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, directions, date, days & months.
5. Understand the Hindi Devnaagari script and the phonics sounds of vowels and consonants in Hindi.
There are 4 sections in this course.
Section 1: Introduction to the course
- Know your instructor
Section 2: Focuses on Devnaagari Script of Hindi
- Consonants in Hindi – Pronunciation Guide
- Vowels in Hindi – Pronunciation Guide
Section 3: Thematic Units
- Numbers 1-10
- Days of the week
- Household Items
- 10 Most Common Phrases
Section 4: Test your Hindi Skills
After finishing this course, students should be ready to join a Basic Hindi Level 2 Course by edXHindi.
Who this course is for:
- Non-native Hindi speakers.
- Students learning Hindi as foreign language.
- Students learning Hindi as second language.
- Students who want to learn Hindi through english.
- School Teachers teaching Hindi to students in international schools/environment.
- Schools looking for modern Hindi resources for their students.
- Hindi Language instructors.
- Foreigners married to Indians.
- Students with Indian Boyfriends/Girlfriends.
- Perfect for the complete beginner with no Hindi knowledge.
- Students who want to learn to speak Hindi in a simple and quick way.
- Student going to spend a holiday/vacation in India or another Hindi speaking country.
- Students who have failed to learn Hindi in the past but really want to give it one more go.
- Students with no experience with Hindi but would like to learn fast.
- Students who always wanted to learn Hindi but are very busy and can never find the time.
- Beginner through intermediate. So if you know little to no Hindi this is your course!
From a successful corporate career to a teaching career...it all started there and has been such a fulfilling journey so far...Hello there! I'm Teacher Jyo & I am a teacher and founder of Saakshar Language Centre, a premier Hindi learning Hub based in Singapore & ZEdXHindi YouTube channel.
Saakshar Language Centre is for ideas generation and edXHindi is for value creation. At Saakshar Language Centre, we conceive, create and lead a powerful Hindi Language curriculum for children and adults. To keep this ripple effect going we started ZEdXHindi.
At ZEdXhindi, we make collaborative use of technology to showcase our creativity by creating online bilingual innovative educational products & resources for functional and spoken Hindi in order to connect everyone to Indian roots. These initiatives are supported by a gamut of activities, engaging materials, technological innovations, events, workshops, and study modules. They are suitable for students in an international environment with no or minimal exposure to the Hindi Language focusing on conversational and functional aspects of the Hindi Language.
I also teach blended courses at Saakshar Language Centre, which keeps me actively honing my instructional practices. It’s all about being a passionate teacher, igniting the spark of learning, and inspiring generations of change so that we can proudly say "Hindi hain hum".
My areas of expertise include:
Integrating Learning Technology in Classrooms
Educational Product Development
Hindi Language, Indian Cultural Training & Coaching
Knowledge Management & Retention
Six Sigma Quality Project Management
Change & Transition Management
I wish you good luck & happy learning.
Always Remember: What we learn becomes a part of who we are. Never stop learning, Because life never stops teaching.