High School Basketball Defense
What you'll learn
- Students will have a better understanding of Defensive Philosophies and Principles.
- The students will learn about Pressing and Trapping Defenses.
- The students will learn about the Match-up Zone Defense.
- The students will learn numerous individual and team defensive drills
- There are no requirements or prerequisites for taking this course. It is geared towards the high school level.
About the course:
Defense wins championships! Good teams are able to understand and apply key defensive principles and skills. In this informative video, Coach Al Sokaitis presents a detailed overview of key defensive concepts and strategies for high school basketball teams. The program covers man-to-man defense, pressing and trapping, and the match-up zone defense. This video is a must have resource for high school coaches.
About the coach:
Al Sokaitis has been coaching basketball for over 35 years at various high schools and colleges. He has established records for the most wins at several different schools, and been named Coach of the Year on numerous occasions. Sokaitis has been a collegiate men’s head coach at North Adams State in Massachusetts; University of Southern Maine; and Western State College in Colorado and Post University in Connecticut. Al Sokatis is one of the few coaches who have over 500th career coaching victories.
Every player on the team has to understand how to handle ball screens, back screens, down screens, how to handle defending the post and mismatches. Drills should be carried out in game-like situations. The team should develop as a cohesive defensive unit. The team should learn to take pride in their defense and understand the value of shutting down the opposing offense.
Who this course is for:
- Coaches and basketball players at the high school level would benefit from taking this course.
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!