High Power! Presentations
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Structure your presentations with an effective and practical approach
- Communicate technical information with ease and clarity
- Convert nervous energy into constructive energy
- Establish credibility as a speaker and expert in your field
- Be natural and authentic in your presentations
- Be more comfortable presenting to both small and large audiences
- For this course to be most effective it is important to be currently involved at some level in giving presentations.
- If you are an experienced leader you will want to have one or more very specific presentations that you are about to deliver such as; team kick-off meeting, proposal delivery, department or company meeting or presentation to the media.
- If you are in the earlier stages of leadership you will want to have a series of presentations that you are responsible for such as: weekly team meetings, weekly updates to management, or presentation of deliverables.
Discover the five principles of high power presentations and step-by-step processes for using the principles so that you can get your message across to people in a way that gets them to want to make a commitment to you and take action.
Overcome the 3 major stumbling blocks to great presentations.
1) We don’t know what we don’t know. Research shows that 85% of our success in business depends on our ability to effectively present our ideas yet only 25% of people ever take a formal presentation course.
2) Most people confuse what an audience expects of us as presenters versus what they need from us in writing. This leads to presentations that people often refer to as ‘talking head’ which puts our audiences to sleep.
3) When people start out giving presentations they tend to treat them as a mental exercise, like giving a book report. In fact, powerful presentations are mostly a physical activity, more like playing golf or tennis.
Is this course for you?
High Power! Presentations is a program designed especially for leaders in technology, engineering and other experts with a high level of specialized knowledge, people who frequently speak with clients, investors or teams of people who may not have the same depth of knowledge and experience on a particular subject. This training will increase your ability to consistently connect with your audience, to gain their trust and to connect the dots in a way that is meaningful and relevant for them.
What the program covers
Structure – Learn how to structure you presentation in a way that answers your audience’s biggest question, “What’s in it for me?”
Content - Deliver content that is meaningful and relevant to your audience and meets their expectations of you as a presenter and an expert.
Differentiators – Discover how to stand out from the crowd and be remembered in a way that is professional and appropriate for the situation.
Trust – Create trust with your audience and do it in a way that is natural, authentic and allows the presenter to be relaxed in front of any audience.
Commitment – Develop the ability to consistently gain commitment from your audience and get them to take action.
- 3 plus hours of training that includes step-by-step instructions for developing a presentation that can be used over and over in any situation.
- Theory and practice relative to what we all need to do in order to connect with our audience and meet their expectations.
- Examples from people that will show you what works and what doesn’t when it comes to persuasion.
- Exercises and a secret weapon for staying relaxed in front of any audience.
- Tips to fine tuning your presentation and delivering your messsage in a way that is both professional and comfortable for you.
- This course is designed for leaders in technology and other professions where it is important to be able to influence people to accept and take action on highly detailed ideas, processes and products.
- This course is especially effective if the audience is not high tech such as bankers, marketers or clients in non-tech industries.
In this video you will receive an overview of what will be covered in the rest of the videos. More importantly it includes suggestions for the order in which to use the videos to enhance your presentations.
One of the biggest stumbling blocks that presenters have is not understanding what an audience expects of us. When you complete this video you will have an understanding of how to create an environment of personal connection and trust which is both professional and appropriate.