Communication Skills PLUS Leadership - 2 in 1 Masterclass
What you'll learn
- The power of story-telling to tap into human emotions so your message has more impact & retention
- Boost your leadership with Mindfulness, Goal Setting, Time Management, Success Mindset & Emotional Intelligence
- The importance of clarity in all types of communications to ensure the highest impact for your audience
- Email management practices that will help you get on top of your inbox and stand out in other people's inboxes
- Practical things you can do in online meetings to stand out and demonstrate engagement and contribution
- Group communications such as Whatsapp groups and smaller audiences that use efficient, digital communications
- Larger scale messaging such as for events and getting big groups of people to take action
- Verbal communication in 1:1 settings, meetings and other contexts when it still matters what you say and how you say it
- The "hero's quest" story telling pattern and how you should make your audience the hero of your story
- The difference in communicating messages across social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc
- The preview principle for writing emails that people will read, receive your message and take action
- How to write emails that have attachments to avoid "lazy email etiquette" and ensure you deliver value to your recipient
- The importance of writing with clear action words as verbs and nouns (person, place, thing) as subjects
- Don't start processing email at the beginning of the day because this wasting good thinking time on administrative activity
- The 3 sentence rule for composing emails to ensure you get your message across with high impact and retention
- Calls to action in emails and practical steps to ensure that people know what they need to do as part of a plan
- Switch your camera on when you are introducing yourself or presenting in online meetings
- Use the chat feature in online meetings with context and proper intent to engage meaningfully
- The importance of good slide design and well prepared presentations in online meetings
- Only communicate something on a group messaging environment which is useful for everyone
- Use the group description to provide the rules of the group to everyone with principles for engagement
- Principles of digital citizenship like authenticity, respect, humility and the importance of communicating as a digital citizen
- Understand the different intentions and audience expectations of various social media platforms
- The importance of managing your audience's expectations when you communicate in different channels
- Communicating with large groups of people by diversifying your messaging and increasing frequency closer to action
- Verbal communication with your boss, co-workers, meetings and larger groups of people
- Listen to understand, not to form your reply and try and use the word "done" as often as possible to build credible messaging
- How you can lead without authority or being a manager of other people
- The importance of being centred in your own life to develop self-leadership
- Leadership skills to help you have more impact and influence
- Practising self-leadership by living and acting independently
- How to be a leader of self before you can leader other people
- Small group leadership that is built on relationships and trust
- How to lead large groups of people consisting of multiple teams
- How to act now to ensure a successful journey of leadership
- Improve your own success by lifting and serving others to achieve more
- The first practice of self-leadership is to control your thoughts
- Develop thoughts that are positive, uplifting and contribute to the world
- Avoid self-doubt, hesitant thinking and wavering thought processes
- Practice public praise and private criticism with deep understanding of others
- Being able to take meaningful initiative is critical for self-leadership
- Convert positive, purpose driven thinking into self-directed action
- Achieve more by worrying less about who gets the credit
- Be intrinsically motivated to become a better leader of self & others
- Develop a growth mindset to learn from challenges & see opportunities
- How Nelson Mandela was inspired by Invictus "I am the master of my fate"
- "Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power" Art Of War
- Leadership of small groups and teams of people in the workplace
- How to build relationships in small teams by being vulnerable & authentic
- Be obsessively helpful to other people in a group to increase leadership
- Lead by serving other people to achieve their goals as part of the team's purpose
- Communicate and act in a broader context and vision than the group
- Learn to see the value the team creates and lift people to work towards it
- In formal positions of leadership, make time to lead and invest in skills
- Delegate your own work to empower your team and prevent overload
- Make time for other people and ensure you are approachable
- Build people's confidence by recognising all contributions and role players
- Create an empowering environment in which the team can self-organise
- Help the team to become independent of you for decisions & direction
- Leading large groups of multiple teams requires you to lead leaders
- Empower your management team to be authentic and express their own style
- Display servant leadership and be self-critical in front of others
- Proactively ask for specific feedback from people to drive engagement
- Don't undermine people's trust by encouraging blame and fault finding
- Don't sweat the small stuff when you lead large groups of people
- Inspire people above their day to day workload and challenges
- Leadership styles, the benefit of each leadership style, and how to use different styles in different team scenarios and situations
- Autocratic, Authoritative, Pace-Setting, Democratic, Coaching, Affiliative, and Laissez-Faire Style of Leadership
- Empathy, the benefits of leading with empathy, and the strategy to lead effectively with empathy
- Compassion, Emotional Intelligence, Open & Transparent Communication, Active Listening, and Optimism are covered to help you lead with empathy
- Action, learn how to lead with action centric leadership and use action to produce results
- Learn how to be an action-minded leader, organise teams, and inspire everyone to take action
- Diversity, use the power of diversity to drive innovation, creativity, performance, and personal growth
- Learn to be an inclusive leader and to encourage diversity. Learn from our real life examples of working in diverse teams, cultures, and countries
- Ethics, the importance of ethical leadership and traits of an ethical leader, as well as consequences of failure of ethics
- Principles of ethical leadership such as Honesty, Justice, Respect, Community, Integrity, and Appropriate Conduct.
- Resilience, the characteristics of resilient leaders, and the strategies and prices of resilient leadership
- Resilient leadership strategies, such as Perspective, Emotional Intelligence, Exercise, Overcoming Fears, Driving Forces, Business Rules & Breathe
- Skills, Story-telling, and Self-Leadership, learn the power of communicating and connecting using stories. Connect with a vision using your emotions
- Learn what makes a great leader, including vulnerability, blanking intelligence and emotional quotient, giving autonomy, and lifting team to a higher purpose
- High performing business leaders, that have set examples in Leadership and we can learn from their best practices and accomplishments
- Learn from business leaders like Elon Musk, Jamie Dimon, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Ray Kroc, Andrew Carnegie, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Warren Buffet
- Inspiring authors of leadership, books on leadership that contain years of experience and learnings to help us learn the best practices of leadership
- Learn from best leadership books such as dare to lead, no bullshit leadership, leaders eat last, strengths-based leadership, no rules rules, and many more
- People, we can learn from leaders who have led revolutions and inspired millions, their style of leadership will help us inspire and motivate our teams
- We cover leaders from real life locations such as Lord Admiral Nelson, Sir Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, and many more
- Brevity in communications and the importance of cutting back words and unnecessary content in your message
- There are no course requirements, students just need a desire to improve their communication
Get instant access to your Communication & Leadership workbooks, lesson worksheets, follow along, and keep for reference
Communications workbook is 162 pages containing all the key communication skills takeaways from this course
Leadership workbook is 81 pages containing all the key leadership takeaways from this course
***PLUS Boost your Communication & Leadership Skills with insights from expert interviews on:
Mindfulness, Goal Setting, Time Management, Success Mindset, Emotional Intelligence, Motivation, Career Counselling & Beat Procrastination in 2023!!
Introduce yourself to our community of students in this course and tell us your goals
Encouragement and celebration of your progress every step of the way: 25% > 50% > 75% & 100%
Over 33 hours of clear and concise step-by-step instructions, lessons, and engagement
What others are saying:
"This course will definitely help me to be a more effective and efficient communicator in meetings and in emails. Peter shares valuable techniques from his many years of experience in business, thank you." - Janet A.
"This course was amazing I enjoyed and learned a lot from it. It`s easy to follow and had helped me a lot." - Palesa M.
"This information is providing precise ways of improving your communication skills." - Torrey F.
"Really enjoyed this course. Many passive skills that are useful in my line of work ( corporate communication). I definitely recommend this course to those who are looking to improve their communication skills!" - Khadeeja
"Communication is the foundation of all relationships and teamwork. This course provides you with techniques on how to be an effective communicator. This course covers written and verbal communication using different mediums as well as how to conduct online meetings. People entering the job market and experienced professionals who may feel they need to touch up on their communication skills would greatly benefit from this course." - Sizwe N.
"The instructor was clear and had scenarios that assisted with more understanding of the importance of mastering communication." - Sma N.
"This course simplifies the basics things needed for effective email communication." - Saud Nissar E.
"Clear and concise instructions of the Do’s and don’ts of communicating verbally or virtually." - Farah Nur Feriena K.
Do you wish you could communicate better and have more impact? Are you overwhelmed by all the ways we communicate? Do you feel your voice gets lost in a noisy world?
In this course, I’ll teach you how to use email better, how to present to a group and in public, how to use messaging tools like Whatsapp and online meeting platforms like Teams & Zoom. I’ll teach you how to communicate verbally, in writing, and through images. You’ll also learn three principles of communication: storytelling, brevity, and clarity. In this course, there are downloadable resources, 1 on 1 lesson, wipe board presentations, and activities for you to practice what you have learned and put these lessons to the test so you achieve your goals. You will also learn how to engage more meaningfully with your boss and co-workers, how to get heard in meetings, and how to use social media more effectively.
You'll get the following in this course:
Practical principles and techniques to help you communicate better in different contexts and with different audiences
Tips from my 25-year career of how I have communicated in meetings, presentations, with co-workers, and on projects
Email management techniques that will improve how you write emails, manage your inbox and stand out in other people's inboxes
Tips for communicating better in online meetings so that you come across with credibility through engagement & contribution
Principles for group messaging, social media, and engaging larger groups to get action like attending events and opening attachments
Verbal communication principles so that you get heard more in settings such as 1:1, with your boss, co-workers, and colleagues
Activities in each section of the course as well as an assignment at the end of the course to help you achieve your goals
I guarantee that by the end of this course you will be a better communicator. Check out some of the lessons below, enroll and I’ll see you in the course. There are also lots of downloadable resources, activities, and an assignment that will get you taking practical steps to actually become the better communicator that you want to be.
What you will learn
The power of storytelling to tap into human emotions so your message has more impact & retention
Brevity in communications and the importance of cutting back words and unnecessary content in your message
The importance of clarity in all types of communications to ensure the highest impact for your audience
Email management practices that will help you get on top of your inbox and stand out in other people's inboxes
Practical things you can do in online meetings to stand out and demonstrate engagement and contribution
Group communications such as Whatsapp groups and smaller audiences that use efficient, digital communications
Larger scale messaging such as for events and getting big groups of people to take action
Verbal communication in 1:1 settings, meetings, and other contexts when it still matters what you say and how you say it
The "hero's quest" storytelling pattern and how you should make your audience the hero of your story
The difference in communicating messages across social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc
The preview principle for writing emails that people will read, receive your message and take action
How to write emails that have attachments to avoid "lazy email etiquette" and ensure you deliver value to your recipient
The importance of writing with clear action words as verbs and nouns (person, place, thing) as subjects
Don't start processing emails at the beginning of the day because this wastes good thinking time on an administrative activity
The 3 sentence rule for composing emails to ensure you get your message across with high impact and retention
Calls to action in emails and practical steps to ensure that people know what they need to do as part of a plan
Switch your camera on when you are introducing yourself or presenting in online meetings
Use the chat feature in online meetings with context and proper intent to engage meaningfully
The importance of good slide design and well-prepared presentations in online meetings
Only communicate something in a group messaging environment which is useful for everyone
Use the group description to provide the rules of the group to everyone with principles for engagement
Principles of digital citizenship like authenticity, respect, humility, and the importance of communicating as a digital citizen
Understand the different intentions and audience expectations of various social media platforms
The importance of managing your audience's expectations when you communicate in different channels
Communicating with large groups of people by diversifying your messaging and increasing frequency closer to action
Verbal communication with your boss, co-workers, meetings, and larger groups of people
Listen to understand, not to form your reply, and try and use the word "done" as often as possible to build credible messaging
Contents and Overview
You'll start with Emails: Learn 4 Practical Tips To Become A Better Communicator Using Emails; Wipeboard Lesson: Learn How To Master Emails, Inboxes & Get Your Message Across; Learn How To Communicate Better In Online Meetings: Camera On, Focus & Engage; Wipeboard Lesson: Learn Tips & Techniques For Improving Your Online Meetings; Learn How To Communicate More Effectively In Groups Or Smaller Interaction; Wipeboard Lesson: Learn How To Improve Your Group Messaging Communications; Communicate Better: Understand Social Media Platforms & Manage Expectations; Wipeboard Lesson: Understand How To Communicate Better With Social Media;
We will also cover Mass Communication That Gets People's Attention Using Diversification Frequency; Wipeboard Lesson: Learn How To Plan And Manage Mass Communication That Works; Verbal Communication Tips For Getting Your Message Across Online, 1:1, Your Boss; Wipeboard Lesson: Learn Insights & Skills For Better Verbal Communications;
This course will also tackle True Leadership Starts Here: Learn How To Lead Yourself With These 4 Practices; Learn How Shakespeare, Mandela, Art Of War Guide Your Journey Of Self Leadership; Go To The Next Level Of Leadership: Influence & Impact Teams & Groups Of People; Lead With Excellence Using These Skills When Given Leadership Responsibilities; Transactional leadership and Agile; conflict or contrast?; Leadership Quotient for CIOs; Get Ready Now To Master Senior Leadership & Influence Of Bigger Groups Of People; Authoritative Or "Visionary" Style Of Leadership; Pace Setting Or "Do As I Do" Style Of Leadership; Democratic Or "What Do You Think?" Style Of Leadership; Coaching Or "Consider This" Style Of Leadership; Affiliative Or "People Come First" Style Of Leadership; Laissez-Faire Or "Do Your Best" Style Of Leadership; Tips To Lead Effectively With Compassion & Intelligence; Be Open To Different Perspectives; Practice Active Listening To Demonstrate Empathy; Open & Transparent Communication For Leading With Empathy; Lead With Empathy By Demonstrating Compassion; It Is Important For A Leader To Remain Optimistic; Set The Example Of Leading With Empathy And Commit To Self-Care; As A Leader You Need To Get Things Done. Only Action Produces Results; Action Centred Leadership Is A Way Of Balancing Task, Team, And Individual; Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action; 4 Reasons Taking Action Is Crucial In Achieving Success; Become An Action-Minded Leader By Mastering Your Own Time; As A Leader You Also Need A Way Of Organising Your Own Tasks - Kanban; Use Kanban Boards To Drive Actions And Progress In Your Team;
Then you'll get extra bonus lessons! Diversity Leadership Drives Creativity, Innovation, Performance & Growth; Achieving Benefits From Diversity Requires Inclusive Leadership; Daily Practices For Inclusive Leadership; How To Create A Safe And Supportive Environment For Your Team; How To Be An Inclusive Leader; Working For A Leader Who Doesn’t Value Diversity - Exclusive Leadership; Leadership In A Multicultural Environment; Examples Of Understanding Local Culture, Japan, India; Ethical Leadership Is Centred Around Appropriate Conduct; Ethical Leadership Principles - Honesty, Justice, Respect, Community, Integrity; Ethical Leadership Examples; How To Improve Your Ethical Leadership Skills; The Importance Of Ethical Leadership; Which Are The Traits Of An Ethical Leader?; “Smartest Guys In The Room” Enron’s Grand Failure of Ethical Leadership; All Ethics Out The Window By Entire Management - The Satyam Scandal; What Does Resilient Leadership Mean & The Characteristics Of Resilient Leaders?; What Practices Do Resilient Leaders Follow?; Resilient Leadership Strategies : Lessons, Me-Time, Open Mindedness & Experience; Resilient Leadership Strategies: Perspective & Emotional Intelligence; Resilient Leadership Strategies: North Star, Exercise, Triggers, Overcoming Fear; Resilient Leadership Strategies: Driving Forces, Business Rules & Breath; Business Leadership In The 4th Industrial Revolution; Leadership Quotient For IT Leaders; Storytelling Leads People To Connect With A Vision Through Their Emotions; Pringles Turnaround Story To Learn How To Use Storytelling; Great Leaders Are Trustworthy; Great Leaders Ignite Passion In People & Display Their Own; Great Leaders Are Vulnerable So They Can Build Relationships; Great Leaders Make Change Look Easy By Balancing EQ + IQ; Great Leaders Motivate People By Giving Them Autonomy; Great Leaders Motivate People By Helping Them Master Their Craft; Great Leaders Motivate People By Lifting Them To A Higher Purpose; Great Leaders Keep Their Ego In Check; Great Leaders Coach And Mentor The Next Level; Great Leaders Manage The Player-Coach Role; Elon Musk; Jamie Dimon; Steve Jobs; Bill Gates; Ray Kroc; Andrew Carnegie; Walt Disney; Henry Ford; Warren Buffett; Dare To Lead By Brene Brown; No Bullshit Leadership By Chris Hirst; Leaders Myth And Reality By Stanley A. McChrystal; Leaders Eat Last By Simon Sinek; Extreme Ownership By Jocko Willink & Leif Babin; Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? By Gareth R. Jones & Rob Goffee; Strengths-Based Leadership By Barry Conchie & Tom Rath; The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership by Chapman, Jim Dethmer & Kaley Klemp; No Rules Rules By Erin Meyer and Reed Hastings; Lead With A Story By Paul Smith; Lord Admiral Nelson – Inspiration Leader Of The British Fleet; Sir Winston Churchill – “Never Give Up” War Time Hero & Orator; Nelson Mandela – World’s Most Loved Reconciliatory; Mahatma Gandhi – Non-Violent Steadfast & Compassionate Leader; Millicent Fawcett – Anti-Establishment Campaigner For Women’s Rights; Oliver Cromwell – Civil War Leader Who Stood Up To Kings; Abraham Lincoln – Autocratic Leader Who Abolished Slavery; John F Kennedy – “Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You”;
You'll get premium support and feedback to help you become more confident with finance!
Our happiness guarantee...
We have a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, we will refund your course - no questions asked!
We can't wait to see you on the course!
Enroll now, and we'll help you improve your communication skills!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wishing to improve their communications in the workplace, studies, home and life
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"