Heron's Formula and its applications to Quadrilaterals
What you'll learn
- What is Heron's formula?
- What is the meaning of Quadrilateral?
- Whether Heron’s formula can be applied to find the area of Quadrilateral?
- How and when Heron's formula is used to find the area of quadrilateral, rhombus and trapezium?
- The basic understanding of geometry and algebra is required before taking up this course.
1. What is Heron’s formula?
2. What is the meaning of semi-perimeter? How it is arrived at?
3. What is the meaning of perimeter? How it is calculated?
4. What is the meaning of Quadrilateral? What are some common examples of quadrilaterals?
5. Whether Heron’s formula can be applied to find the area of Quadrilateral?
6. What is meant by a rectangle?
7. What is the meaning of rhombus?
8. What is meant by a trapezoid?
9. What is the meaning of kite?
10. What are the formulas for calculating the area of parallelogram, trapezium and square?
11. How to find the area of quadrilateral with the help of Heron’s formula when all the four sides are given and one angle is 90^0?
12. How to find the area of rhombus with the help of Heron’s formula when length of all four sides is same and diagonal is given?
13. If we divide the quadrilateral into two triangles and calculate the area of each triangle with the help of Heron’s formula, then how the area of quadrilateral is arrived at?
14. How to find the area of trapezium with the help of Heron’s formula when the length of its parallel as well as non-parallel sides is known to us?
15. How to calculate the cost of fencing a triangular park when the length of all its sides, the length of gate on one side and the rate of fencing is given?
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the students of mathematics.
This channel is purely education based. Our aim is to ensure that the students are able to understand each and every question in an easy way. We take pride in providing quality educational services to the students of Class VII to Class XI Science NCERT, English, Computer solutions, Mathematics & Business Studies. Our goal is to help the leaders of tomorrow to learn to succeed today.