Herbalism :: Introduction & Medicine Making [Certificate]
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 32 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Start making your first herbal remedy from day one. It is easier than you think!
- Learn life-changing skills. The course has everything you need to know in one place including information you will not find anywhere else.
- Details of over 20 of the most important plants used in herbal medicine plus making tinctures, teas, oils, salves, honeys, syrups, compresses and poultices.
- Step-by-step instruction so you feel confident in making and using herbal medicine without being overwhelmed.
- Find herbs everywhere, no matter where in the world you live – stores, online, backyard, garden, community.
- Learn from Udemy’s top qualified herbal instructor. She is consistently available to answer your course related questions.
- This is an introductory course for anyone. Supplies and ingredients are minimal.
CURIOUS ABOUT HERBAL MEDICINE?
Start making your first herbal remedy from day one. It is easier than you think!
No matter where in the world you live, you have easy access to valuable medicinal plants. Over 28,000 students have greatly benefited this course. For beginners, the course has been life changing. For those who already have some experience, it has filled in the gaps. Imagine everything you need to get started in one place!
Here’s what students have to say:
★★★★★ "Wonderful course that is taught by an experienced herbalist. This is THE place to start when you want to be a herbalist." – Tessa H
★★★★★ "Very good information that I have not been able to find anywhere else. Very easy to understand.” – Carolyn E
★★★★★ "It helps to see the instructor really performing the tasks - a picture (or video here) is worth a thousand words. There are many helpful details that would not even occur to me to ask about. The Q&A section works great! I am immediately putting the new knowledge to practice, referring back to the lessons for details. Thank you!" – Zdenka D
★★★★★ "This was an excellent beginner course for me! It provided a gold mine of information without feeling overwhelming. I greatly enjoyed the course. I enjoyed how the sections where clearly laid out making them easy to follow.” – Kodili C
★★★★★ "I have been wanting to learn herbs for a long time but have always felt intimidated. This course was so awesome. It gave me courage and I learned more from her in this one class than I have from anyone else.” – Cindy B
There is a growing movement in herbalism. You can be a part of it.
· You will gain better health by knowing which plants to use and how to use them.
· You will be more self-reliant without the need for many pharmaceuticals.
· You will take a central role in your wellbeing as well as those you love.
· You will never find better quality herbal medicine than what you make yourself.
By the end of the course you will feel confident in using plant medicines. You will not only understand which plants to use, but why they work in the way they do. With step-by-step instruction, there are no worries about being overwhelmed. You will also be able to refer back to the course material any time you like.
Your instructor, Elizabeth Heck has 25 years of experience in working with plant medicines. She is by far, Udemy’s most qualified herbal instructor. Rest assured, you’re in good hands. With an extensive teaching background, she knows how to guide you through your herbal learning journey with ease. Even better, she is there for you throughout the course to answer any of your questions. That’s incredible value!
Plants provide some of our most valuable medicine
· Herbs are readily available to everyone, whether you grow, harvest or purchase them.
· Herbs can be helpful for specific diseases, prevention, energy and vitality.
· Herbs can support other forms of medicine and ways of healing.
· Herbal medicines are easy and inexpensive to make as well as easy to use.
· Herbs are very effective and safe with good instruction.
Plants have been successfully used as medicine throughout history. Currently, the World Health Organization states that more than 80% of people on earth use herbs as their primary form of medicine.
Discover this important mode of healing and learn how you can incorporate herbs into your life for optimum health.
Here’s what you’ll get from the course:
· Practical understanding of what herbalism is and how it works.
· Know how to make tinctures, teas, oils, salves, honeys, syrups, compresses and poultices.
· Details of over 20 of the most commonly used medicinal herbs.
· A necessary foundation if you decide to move forward with an herbal career.
Why is this course not Accredited?
Nearly every online course (unless it is a large university) that claims to be accredited, actually is not. These are simply fake accreditations from real-looking websites used as a marketing scam in order to sell more courses. Elizabeth, as with any experienced herbalist, teaches with ethics and integrity and absolutely will not be deceitful for marketing sake. Rather, her students are sincerely respected and honored. Therefore none of her courses claim to be accredited.
More of what students have to say:
★★★★★ “I have always enjoyed making home remedies and seeing the effects of them on my family, and now that I’ve learned the different medicinal purposes for a few herbs and treatments here and how to use them in their proper context I can move on to helping my family feel and live better even the more. Thank you for the opportunity to learn with you Mrs Heck I enjoyed every moment of the class and felt like I was sitting in your kitchen and walking through your garden with you. For me that would be a sheer delight. Kindest regards” – Jaazer
★★★★★ "I found Elizabeth Heck to be very engaging and informative with this course. As someone who has experimented with herbal remedies, I felt that I have learned even more through her instruction. With her step-by-step demonstration on how to create different tinctures, oils, salves, etc. I have found it to be an improvement rather than stumbling around my kitchen trying to figure it out myself. I highly recommend her course and am looking forward to enrolling in more taught by Elizabeth Heck.” – Jodi C
★★★★★ "I loved this course. It really validated the interest I have in herbalism. After completing this course, I am now more than ever interested in becoming a herbalist. Thank you for this course.” – Anna S
You have lifetime access to the course so you can take as long or short as you wish to go through the material. You can replay the videos at anytime using the course as an ongoing reference. You also have a 30 day money back guarantee.
BE SURE TO ENROLL NOW!
- Those interested in preventative care as well as those interested in healing themselves and their loved ones.
- Those interested in empowering their health and wellbing.
- Those interested in herbalism and herbal medicine.
This lesson introduces you to the philosophy of herbal medicine as well as a brief historical look at their use. Discover why herbal medicine has stood the test of time. Through this lesson you will gain an understanding of what is to come in the course.
This course is intended to provide educational information only. It does not make medical claim, nor is intended to take the place of personalized medical counseling, diagnosis or treatment from a trained health professional.
Identification, harvesting and preparation of any wild plant for ingestion or other personal use requires reasonable care and attention to details. The instructor of this course assumes no responsibility or liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly, by the information contained in this course or for problems arising from the student’s misidentification, incorrect preparation, consumption or other use of wild plants. People who choose to consume or use wild plants do so at their own risk.
This overview introduces you to the empowering medicine of herbology. We'll touch on the difference between herbal medicine and modern medicine and where each plays a role. You will get a base understanding of how you can best incorporate herbs into your life and why they are so valuable as a form of healing.
Learn about how tinctures and herbal liquid extracts are used and the details of basic ingredients. We will cover herbal tinctures, glycerites and vinegar extracts. For each type, we discuss which herbal liquid preparation may be best suited for you and why.
Learn how to make tinctures including details of the simple method to information regarding standardization. We will go through all of the step-by-step instructions so that you can make a variety of tinctures with confidence.
This lecture will teach you how to make a warm infusion, cold infusion, sun tea, and decoction. We will cover the details of how to get the most medicine out of your tea from how to prevent the loss of essential compounds to how to best extract certain constituents.