Artificial Intelligence In Bioinformatics
- Python knowledge recommended
This free course is heavily based on the ideology of "learning by doing" and, as a result, will be very hands-on. Students will learn a lot more about the emerging field of the future, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, through a series of mini-projects relating to biology in a field known as bioinformatics that can be expanded on after the course. As a result of the projects being done throughout the course, students will also gain further research and publication ideas, such as science fairs and journals. These projects include:
Using breast cancer dimension data to classify breast cancer
Classifying bioassay data
Detecting pneumonia by analyzing lung images with convolutional neural networks
Detecting malaria by analyzing skin images
Who this course is for:
- Biologists interested in computational applications
- Beginner programmers interested in data science
- High school students interested in science fairs
- 04:14Welcome to the Course!
- 02:47Structure of the Course
- 11:26Tools & Technologies
- 13:51Introduction to Machine Learning
I am Yash Gupta, a rising medical AI engineer. I am the Chief Technological Officer at The Helyx Initiative. I also have lots of experience working with machine learning in a biological context. My work revolves around using image analysis and data analysis in the context of deep learning. I have been programming for upwards of 10 years and am excited to transfer my knowledge!