Parenting After Separation
What you'll learn
- Be able to create the right age appropriate parenting plan that works for you and your children
- Be able to provide a conducive and nurturing environment that will allow your children to thrive between two households
- Appreciate the value, importance and benefits of having both parents play a role in the children's lives
- Come away with samples of parenting plans, each with it's advantages and disadvantages, that they can use to help them create that all important age appropriate parenting plan
- Spot the signs that indicate that their children may not be coping with divorce and separation and know what to do about it
- All students of this course need to be interested in the area of children, divorce and separation. There is a lot of useful, essential and relevant information in this course, so you need to be prepared to work and learn. This is what the course focuses on.
It's part of our lives and more and more so. Maybe it's happened to you, someone you know or maybe you work in this field.
Fortunately, when it comes to the children, your children, they no longer have to go on living with the experience of their parents' divorce. Not if it's handled properly anyway.
This course is completely and entirely about helping children cope with divorce and is suitable for anyone living or working in this area including parents, family mediators, social workers and family solicitors.
Ever wondered why some children and families cope better with divorce and separation than others?
This Complete Guide in Helping Children Cope with Divorce is very straightforward and easy to follow.
From this course:
- You will know and fully understand what the effects of divorce are on children and at what age
- You will become more aware of when to be concerned about your children during and after divorce and what to do about any behaviour changes you may notice
- You will be able to create an age appropriate parenting plan that will allow your children to grow and thrive between the two homes
- You will learn which situations and circumstances to avoid during and after divorce
This course will provide you with video sessions, power point as well as written text.
It is split in two separate sections - Helping Children Cope with Divorce and section two is How to Create an Age Appropriate Parenting Plan. Each of the sections will include information based on the child's age group and what to expect from them during this time of change.
Why take this course?
Because by doing it, you will be making sure that your children and the ones you work with will be and remain alright now and into their adult lives.
Who this course is for:
- Parents, carers and those looking after or involved in the lives of children of divorce
An accredited Positive Parenting Practitioner (Triple P) and a trained Family Mediator, Soila is also a certified school and trauma specialist with the National Institute of Trauma and Loss and has extensive experience of working with children and families.
Soila holds a BSc (Hons) in Psychology from The Open University and an MSc in Child Development from University College London (UCL).
She is known of taking away the pain and hurt when it comes to loss, bereavement and divorce.
Soila is a Graduate Member of The British Psychological Society and Affiliate Member of Resolution.