Eat Yourself Happy - Help your Anxiety, Stress & Depression
What you'll learn
- Understand how diet affects the way you feel.
- Know which foods have a positive impact on mental health.
- Know which foods have a negative impact on mental health.
- Have the information to improve their diet.
- Summarise the research covering diet and stress and depression.
- Know where to go for further information on diet and mental health.
- Make dietary changes that will help your stress and depression.
- Understand the importance of nutrition in healthy living.
- Some awareness of what you eat and drink on a daily basis would help before starting, but this will all be covered in the course.
Do you suffer from stress, anxiety or depression?
Would you like to know about the effects that diet can have on the symptoms of these conditions and what dietary changes may help you?
Then this course is for you.
Many people have to deal with these conditions on a daily basis and many people want to find simple, natural ways to help themselves. We all have some idea of what is good and bad but this information is not always correct and I feel that it helps to know why certain foods can affect your mood.
In this course I will cover the main areas where diet has been known to affect mental health in a simple and easy to follow way. I will discuss ways to make changes in diet easier and give plenty of information to enable you to look further into the relationship between diet and health.
This course is packed with information covering two main areas, what you should eat (vitamins and minerals, fruit and vegetables etc) and what you shouldn't eat (sugar, caffeine etc). It summarises the research and gives guidance for making changes in your diet. As well as the videos, this course includes a transcript and many references for further research.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who want a better understanding of the link between their diet and stress and depression. No prior knowledge is required.
- This is suitable for those with stress or depression who know that they are not eating as well as they could and would like to improve their diet.
Caroline Collard has been working in the area of natural health for nearly 30 years. She has an honours degree in Health Care Sciences and many other health related qualifications. She is a qualified nutritionist, healer, counsellor, stress advisor, kinesiologist and colour therapist. She has also written a book, Epilepsy – A Holistic Approach. Much of her time has been focused in the area of mental health and of autistic spectrum disorders.
She moved into this area of natural health as as result of dealing with friends and family with mental health problems and on the autistic spectrum.
Currently, she lives in rural Mid Wales and is providing a health mentoring service primarily for those on the autistic spectrum or with stress and depression problems. This is done both face to face and online.