Create a Helicopter Game Control System in Unreal Engine 4
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build an Unreal Engine 4 Prototype from the ground up using the amazing Blueprint system.
- Setup models with materials and textures.
- Setup a Playable Helicopter based on a Duel Stick Input system.
- Setup a Skeletal Mesh to use Parameter Driven Animation.
- Drive animations using parameters from a pawn \ character.
- It would be beneficial if students watched the UE4 starter videos on Epic Games' YouTube channel.
- Students will require access to Unreal Engine 4 which can be downloaded for free from Epic Games' Unreal Engine website.
- Access to a Duel Stick controller such as an XBOX 360 controller is beneficial.
The course will guide you through the creation and setup of a Helicopter Control System in Unreal Engine 4. The fully playable helicopter system is implemented entirely in blueprint, you are taken through the creation process in a step by step manner using video tutorials.
The video tutorials are focussed on setting up the helicopter assets, creating the controls system, implementing a parametrically driven animation solution and setting up dynamic helicopter audio, all working within Unreal Engine's Blueprint.
Students can expect to learn a variety of techniques that will help them setup a fully functioning helicopter in just over 2 hours of videos tuition.
This course starts with a blank project, we provide the helicopter 3d model and associated texture so that you can build the full project from the ground up.
This video tutorial series is delivered by an experienced instructor who is actively engaged in education and the industry.
- This course is meant for those who are fairly new to Games Design and UE4 Development.
- This course is not for you if you are after C++ or advanced programming content.
- This course is not for you if you are after 2D / 3D art tutorials.
Introduction to the Course and a sneak peak at the functions and features you will build!
In this lecture, you will create a new unreal project ready to start setting up as a helicopter game and assign the control inputs based on an XBOX 360 Controller.
The resources section of this video includes an image which has keyboard controls added for users who don't have access to a duel stick controller.
In this lecture, you will learn how to import an FBX skeletal mesh and set up a simple material using Unreal Engine's material editor.
This lecture shows you how to setup an audio system for the helicopter, modifying the playrate based upon the rotor speed.
Audio sample provided in resources section was download from https://www.freesound.org/people/UnderlinedDesigns/sounds/172667/ - The audio clip is licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License.