Heat Exchangers : Design , Operation & Maintenance
What you'll learn
- Design, inspect, maintain and operate heat exchangers and analyze their performance in a professional manner
- Select and size a shell and tube heat exchanger for a given duty
- Understand design guidelines and specifications when allocating fluids
- Identify the problems in operation that lead to performance deterioration
- Determine correct troubleshooting techniques
- Know, understand and interpret TEMA standards and terminologies for shell and tube heat exchangers
- List advantages and drawbacks of TEMA Types and associate the most appropriate type with operating conditions and fluids properties
- Describe the heat exchange laws and identify key parameters impacting the exchange coefficients and pressure drops
- Employ the concepts of heat transfer coefficients and determine their overall effect on heat exchanger fouling
- Be an active and efficient communicator during meetings with heat exchanger vendors
- Test your knowledge with 200+ question quiz
- Get access to useful charts and diagrams to solve daily heat exchanger problems
- Get access to valuable shell and tube heat exchanger design tables according to DIN 21184 - 21191 and TEMA std to properly design shell and tube heat exchangers
- Some engineering or field knowledge is preferable but not mandatory. All the concepts are explained in depth using an easy to understand language to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up
- Having attended our "Flow of fluids through piping systems" training course is a plus but not mandatory
Welcome to this online course on Heat Exchangers.
Heat exchangers of various designs and applications are encountered nowadays throughout refining, petrochemical and process industries as well as in power generation and environmental engineering.
This course is designed to provide you with a complete understanding of construction details and functioning of heat exchangers.
This understanding is a prerequisite for a successful operation of your plant and piping system.
In this course, we will cover many heat exchanger designs such as plate and frame, fired heaters, double pipe and spiral heat exchangers. But the focus will be on shell and tube heat exchangers as these are the most popular and widely spread heat transfer equipment.
The course includes extensive graphics, cross-sectional views, real world video footage, and 3D animations.
This will give you a virtual practical exposure on heat exchangers.
Now the objective of this training course is fourfold :
ONE. Break down for you all the heat exchanger operating principles into easily digestible concepts, like heat transfer theory and process control just to name a few...
TWO. Illustrate through 3D animations and cross-sectional views the main heat exchanger mechanical components, state their function and operating limits, like tube bundles, baffles, floating heads and tube sheets...
THREE. Provide guidelines and best practices for operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of heat exchangers. The guidelines presented in this course are in accordance with the latest TEMA standards
FOUR. Present a step-by-step design methodology. We will show you how to proceed in the design of a heat exchanger in the daily practice, how to determine the effective temperature difference for the heat transfer and how to calculate the heat transfer coefficient using simple equations. You will learn from our industrial experience what we wrongly calculated or what we wrongly planned during project startup, debottlenecking and commissioning. This should undoubtedly help you minimize the mistakes in the design of your heat exchangers.
So as you can see here, detailed technical descriptions and basic step-by-step instructions will be provided to you along with practice sessions, quizzes and numerous downloadable resources, to emphasize the key learning points.
So with no further ado, check out the free preview videos and the curriculum of the course and we look forward to seeing you in the first section.
Thank you for watching, hope to see you there !
Spread the wings of your knowledge
Who this course is for:
- This WR Training course on Heat Exchangers is suitable to a wide range of technical professionals but will greatly benefit :
- Mechanical, Process and Chemical Engineers
- Operation, Technical Service and Maintenance Professionals
- Plant Operators
- Engineers, Consultants and Sales professionals
- Technical professionals responsible for heat transfer equipment inspection
- Technical professionals responsible for interdisciplinary energy projects
Welcome to our Udemy page.
WR Training is a group of professional engineers from various disciplines (chemical, petrochemical, mechanical, electrical…) providing academic and industrial online courses.
Whether you’re trying to learn and discover a new scientific or engineering topic from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learnt in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
WR Training exists to help you succeed in your academic and professional life. Our goal is to spread the knowledge and promote science.
The courses, you are about to enroll in, were undertaken to give you a clear view of scientific and engineering topics through detailed examples using hands on demo and provide numerous problems with their solutions. You can also use these courses as a review for taking exams or as a vehicle for self-instruction.
Our training methodology was designed to enable individual self paced e-learning.
Each course has been undertaken to teach a specific skill.
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
We are active online instructors and we will be here for you every step of the way. If you have questions about the course content, you can always post your questions or send us a private message. It will be our pleasure to provide assistance and answer your questions.
So with no further ado, go ahead, select the course suitable for you, click the enroll button and we'll see you in the first section !
Spread the wings of your knowledge