Leadership Transitions for Healthcare Leaders
What you'll learn
- Assess your existing team and know how best to restructure the team already in place
- Construct formidable SMART goals
- Know how to set and implement new processes
- Support your new team
- Avoid team-building traps
- Get off to a good start
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level, and devote time to learning.
HLOT 210/Leadership Transition for Healthcare Leaders
Are you a healthcare leader who recently stepped into a new leadership role? Are you struggling with getting buy-in from the team you inherited? Do you find yourself struggling with keeping them engaged? Do you, an aspiring healthcare leader, desire to be better prepared for your new role as a #HealthcareLeader? If you answered yes to any of the above, this course is for you.
This comprehensive course teaches you to be better prepared in your new healthcare leadership role. If you want to be effective within the first 90 days of your employment, or turn the department around, this course is certainly for you.
In here, you will learn how to assess the team you inherited, restructure teams, set SMART goals, implement new processes, support your team, avoid common team building pitfalls, and get off to a good start.
Content and Overview
We start by looking at the best way to assess your team. We then discuss how best to restructure the team, shuffling folks around, hiring new ones and firing others. We move on to the importance of setting specific measurable achievable realistic and timely goals. We move on to implementing new processes, how best to support your own team, how to avoid common team building pitfalls and lastly getting off to a good start. Through it all, I share my personal experiences from when I was a new healthcare administrator in a new role; you'll be receiving a free e-copy of my book titled Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim on my Freshman Year as a healthcare administrator.
What am I going to get from this course?
- 6 Lectures in video format, with workbooks attached
- The e-book version of Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim ($10 Value), a 112 page book written and published by me
- Know the best ways to approach your new role and build your team
- Resources on how to do just that
- Expedited access to my Mentoring program for Healthcare Leaders of Tomorrow (HLOT) should you choose
Who this course is for:
- Healthcare Managers, Leaders and Administrators: Supervisors, Managers, Directors and above
- Aspiring Healthcare Leaders
- MD's/OD's, RN's, PharmD, RRT, PT, OT Speech Therapists, MLT
- Any leader in a new role.
Lana Bamiro, DrPH, MPH, MBA, LSSGB, RRT, CHES is a goal-oriented professional health care practitioner with almost two decades of clinical, management, and leadership experience in health practice and administration, particularly in respiratory/ cardiopulmonary services. He is a self-proclaimed public health advocate and an enthusiastic healthcare consultant.
Lana has taught undergraduate courses in the Department of Health Administration, Health Studies, and Respiratory Care for various universities. He is also published, with his books, Freshman Manager: Sink or Swim and Charge Forward, Regardless available on amazon.
With his experience in clinical healthcare management and administration, his passion for health education and awareness, a Doctorate in Public Health, an MBA from the University of Central Oklahoma, and an MPH in Health Promotions, Lana functions as a healthcare consultant. In that role, he promotes and provides health education services to individuals, companies, groups, organizations, and communities by developing specific programs such as health fairs, seminars, and talks for the priority population. Being an avid public health advocate, Lana seeks to partner with any organization interested in improving the health and wellness of a community or group of people with the resources within their reach.
Lana's faith in Christ is what keeps him focused and driven to fulfill his purpose which includes empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders through traditional and unconventional education.