Effective Communication for Healthcare Leaders
What you'll learn
- Define effective communication as it relates to healthcare leadership
- Develop a plan for effective communication as a healthcare leader
- Use persuasion as an effective communication strategy as a healthcare leader
- Use listening as an effective communication strategy as a healthcare leader
- Identify 5 habits of highly effective communicators
- Book: Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim by Lana Bamiro (free copy for a limited time when you register for this course)
Do you as a leader want to improve your communication skills? Are you struggling with getting your points across to your team? Do you an aspiring healthcare leader desire to be better prepared for your role as an administrator? If you answer yes to any of the above, this course is for you.
This comprehensive course teaches you the key components of effective communication in healthcare leadership. If you want to be heard with the desired results by your employees this course is certainly for you.
In here, you will learn what effective communication is as it relates to healthcare administrators. You'll also get a high level description on how to effectively communicate using persuasion and listening skills, the most utilized strategies in leadership.
Content and Overview
We start by defining effective communication, and then review how to plan an effective communication strategy. We progress into using persuasion as an effective communication strategy. We then discuss listening as another effective strategy when it comes to communication. I share with you 5 habits of highly effective communicators. I also give you some insight to my personal communication flaws and how I learned from them as written in my book titled Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim (which you’ll be getting a free copy) on my freshman year as a healthcare administrator.
- 5 Lectures and over 60 minutes of content.
- The e-book version of Freshman Manager, Sink or Swim, a 112 page book written and published by me
- Learn the best way to effectively communicate as a healthcare administrator
- Resources on building your own personal effective communication strategy as a healthcare administrator
- Expedited access to my Mentoring program for Healthcare Leaders of Tomorrow (HLOT).
- A bonus lecture!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring healthcare leaders
- Healthcare Managers, Leaders and Administrators: Supervisors, Managers, Directors and above
- MD's/OD's, RN's, PharmD, RRT, PT,OT Speech Therapists, MLT
- Anyone interested in improving their communication skills
Lana Bamiro, DrPH, MPH, MBA, LSSGB, RRT, CHES is a goal-oriented professional health care practitioner with almost two decades of clinical, management, and leadership experience in health practice and administration, particularly in respiratory/ cardiopulmonary services. He is a self-proclaimed public health advocate and an enthusiastic healthcare consultant.
Lana has taught undergraduate courses in the Department of Health Administration, Health Studies, and Respiratory Care for various universities. He is also published, with his books, Freshman Manager: Sink or Swim and Charge Forward, Regardless available on amazon.
With his experience in clinical healthcare management and administration, his passion for health education and awareness, a Doctorate in Public Health, an MBA from the University of Central Oklahoma, and an MPH in Health Promotions, Lana functions as a healthcare consultant. In that role, he promotes and provides health education services to individuals, companies, groups, organizations, and communities by developing specific programs such as health fairs, seminars, and talks for the priority population. Being an avid public health advocate, Lana seeks to partner with any organization interested in improving the health and wellness of a community or group of people with the resources within their reach.
Lana's faith in Christ is what keeps him focused and driven to fulfill his purpose which includes empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders through traditional and unconventional education.