Healthcare IT Decoded
What you'll learn
- Understand the basics of Revenue Cycle Management (The Billing Cycle) in Healthcare IT
- Demonstrate knowledge of HL7, FHIR, EDI and other messaging standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of various terminology standards like ICD, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm
- Understand the basics of Medical Records and their journey towards becoming Electronic Medical Records
- Understand impact of regulatory changes in Healthcare and its impact on Technology/IT
- No specific experience required.
Are you Interested in understanding the basics of Health Information Technology or Health-IT? Yes, then look no further.
This course has been designed considering various parameters. I combine my experience of over twenty years in Health IT and more than ten years in teaching the same to students of various backgrounds (Technical as well as Non-Technical). I have leveraged PowerPoint as a whiteboard wherever possible and drive the explanation of some of the concepts in an simple but engaging manner.
In this course you will learn the following
Introduction and Basics - History of Healthcare
Revenue Cycle Management - Front, Middle and Back Office
Health Insurances - How it all started, The Concept of sliding scale
Understanding the Institutional Claim File (UB04) and the various data elements present in the same; Revenue Code, Condition Codes, HCPCS Codes
Electronic Medical Records - POMR, SOAP, HIMSS 7 Stages of EMR Adoption, EPIC & Meditech Modules
The Tidal wave of Regulations - ARRA, Meaningful Use, ACO's, ICD-9 to ICD-10
Data Transmission Standards - HL7, EDI, DICOM, CCD, FHIR
Terminology Standards - RxNorm, NDC, NDF-RT, MED-RT, LOINC, SNOMED-CT
Additional Topics - Patient Health Records, Health Information Exchange, Clinical Quality Reporting
The Health IT Job Market - Types of Organization to look out for and the different kind or roles one can search or look for in the future.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners curious about understanding the basics of Healthcare Technology
- Health IT Professionals
- Healthcare/Hospital Management Professionals
Hello there, I am Harish C. Rijhwani, a Healthcare IT professional with nearly twenty years of experience working with various clients across Hospitals, Health Insurance companies and Pharma Life Sciences. In parallel I have been a visiting faculty, spending my weekends (nearly a decade now) teaching Management students from various Institutes.
A self-published author of three books viz. 'Healthcare Decoded - Begin your Health IT Journey', 'Technology to Business - The Invisible Gap' and 'Master The Mystic Arts - Begin Your Data Science Journey'.
A passion speaker and have spoken at multiple conferences for NASSCOM (Life Sciences & Healthcare Innovation Forum), Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences.