Health & Wellness with Ayurveda
What you'll learn
- Students will learn to apply the basic principles of Ayurveda in everyday life.
- Learn all about the three Doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Factors affecting doshas & steps to keep them in balance.
- Understand the concept of Mind Body constitution - "Prakruti". You will be given a comprehensive dosha quiz to discover your “Prakruti”.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of imbalanced doshas. “Vikruti”.
- Learn the science of six tastes and how to use them to create balance in the body & mind.
- Learn the principles of ayurvedic dietetics and foods for the 3 doshas.
- Overall, students will Learn all about the ayurvedic diet and lifestyle for creating harmony and balance in everyday life.
- There are no prerequisites required for this course. Just a desire to live life to the fullest!
This course is designed to educate you to develop a preventative lifestyle & give you an invaluable insight into how to change your diet and life-style habits for better health. By going through this course, you will learn to apply the fundamentals of Ayurveda and use food as medicine in your daily lives!
Ayurveda places great emphasis on prevention and encourages the maintenance of health through close attention to balance in one’s life. Knowledge of Ayurveda enables one to understand how to create this balance of body, mind and consciousness according to one’s own individual constitution. Therefore, having a clear understanding of your very own unique Prakruti (Your unique constitution) is the first step in moving in the right direction in bringing balance in life!
This course will help you understand the Disease Process as per ayurveda – the Stages of disease development & clear signs and symptoms of imbalance. You will get to know simple tools to identify these imbalances.
Finally, get to learn the Science of 6 Tastes (Rasa), the principles of ayurvedic dietetics, and all about Mindful Eating. You will be provided with Lists of Dosha Balancing Foods so that you may plan your dietary regimen as per your prakruti, and experience your true self full of health and vitality by using food as medicine in your daily lives!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to live a healthy & well balanced life.
Preeti Syal is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (R.H.N.) from Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, Vancouver and a Master of Science in Foods and Nutrition form Delhi University, India. She is also a certified Ayurvedic lifestyle consultant.
She has a passion for nutrition, a natural ability and a strong desire to share the knowledge with others.
She is from New Delhi, the fast-paced metropolitan capital of India, but has carried over her ancestral Ayurvedic philosophy of diet and lifestyle over to Vancouver.
Her passion for food has evolved to encompass a philosophy that focuses on whole and natural foods intended to nourish and promote health and wellbeing.
She aspires to help people restore balance and create wellness in their lives through her one-on one-consultations as well as Nutrition & Ayurveda workshops all over the lower mainland. She believes that most chronic illnesses stem from improper digestion and malnutrition. And she strongly believes that “Your health is in your own hands!”
Preeti is part of the teaching faculty at CSNN, the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition since 2010 where she teaches various Holistic Nutrition as well as Ayurveda courses.
Preeti is the author and curator of various self-paced online courses on Nutrition and Ayurveda. You may get life changing insights from her courses which have the potential of helping you in all aspects of life- physical, emotional and spiritual as her courses are a perfect blend of modern Holistic Nutrition backed with the intelligence of our 5000-year-old Ancient Ayurvedic Wisdom.
“KNOWLEDGE IS POWER”
GET THAT POWER AND TAKE YOUR HEALTH IN YOUR OWN HANDS!