Health & Wellness with Ayurveda
What you'll learn
- Students will learn to apply the basic principles of Ayurveda in everyday life.
- Learn all about the three Doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Factors affecting doshas & steps to keep them in balance.
- Understand the concept of Mind Body constitution - "Prakruti". You will be given a comprehensive dosha quiz to discover your “Prakruti”.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of imbalanced doshas. “Vikruti”.
- Learn the science of six tastes and how to use them to create balance in the body & mind.
- Learn the principles of ayurvedic dietetics and foods for the 3 doshas.
- Overall, students will Learn all about the ayurvedic diet and lifestyle for creating harmony and balance in everyday life.
- There are no prerequisites required for this course. Just a desire to live life to the fullest!
This course is designed to educate you to develop a preventative lifestyle & give you an invaluable insight into how to change your diet and life-style habits for better health. By going through this course, you will learn to apply the fundamentals of Ayurveda and use food as medicine in your daily lives!
Ayurveda places great emphasis on prevention and encourages the maintenance of health through close attention to balance in one’s life. Knowledge of Ayurveda enables one to understand how to create this balance of body, mind and consciousness according to one’s own individual constitution. Therefore, having a clear understanding of your very own unique Prakruti (Your unique constitution) is the first step in moving in the right direction in bringing balance in life!
This course will help you understand the Disease Process as per ayurveda – the Stages of disease development & clear signs and symptoms of imbalance. You will get to know simple tools to identify these imbalances.
Finally, get to learn the Science of 6 Tastes (Rasa), the principles of ayurvedic dietetics, and all about Mindful Eating. You will be provided with Lists of Dosha Balancing Foods so that you may plan your dietary regimen as per your prakruti, and experience your true self full of health and vitality by using food as medicine in your daily lives!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to live a healthy & well balanced life.
I am a certified ayurvedic lifestyle consultant from the American Institute of Vedic Studies and a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, graduated from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, Vancouver, BC. I also hold a Master of Science degree in Foods and Nutrition from Delhi University, India. I have an enormous passion for nutrition, a natural ability, and a strong desire to share my knowledge with others. I am from New Delhi, the fast-paced metropolitan capital of India, but I have carried over my ancestral ayurvedic cooking style and philosophy of food over to Vancouver. My passion for food has evolved to embrace a philosophy that focuses on whole and natural foods intended to nourish and promote health and wellbeing. I aspire to help people restore balance and create wellness in their lives. I believe that most chronic illnesses stem from improper digestion and malnutrition.
I am part of the teaching faculty at CSNN, the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, Vancouver Campus, since 2010 where I teach various Nutrition as well as Ayurveda courses. I also host nutrition and advance Ayurveda workshops including cooking demonstrations on various health-related topics.