Health & Safety and Food Safety for hospitality operators
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- 2 Practice Tests
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Manage all health and safety and food safety matters at their workplace
- Identify H&S and Food Safety hazards and risks within the food business, create risk assessments and develop procedures to support safe work environment
- Familiarise yourself with the main H&S and FS Laws and their legal duties and responsibilities
- Provide adequate Health and Safety and Food Safety training to your team
- Protect your business from legal actions related to H&S and Food Safety management by adopting best standards and practices within hospitality sector
- iOS, android, PC and Mac
- Interest in food business
This course provides information for people working in the catering and hospitality industry on how to comply with Health and Safety Law and Food Safety law, the main risks areas and control and prevention methods. You will learn how to manage health and safety in your business and provide adequate training to your team.
The course covers:
- H&S and Food Safety Legislation overview;
- Management and employee responsibilities in ensuring compliance with the Law;
- Main Hazards and risks within catering and hospitality and their management;
- Risk assessments and mapping tools;
- Fire Safety;
- Equipment and Electrical Safety;
- Manual Handling techniques;
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health;
- Stress Management at Work;
- Provision of training and information for staff;
- Food Safety and how to implement food safety management procedures;
- Food Hygiene practice and controls;
- Allergens and safe allergen handling;
- Cross-contamination and its prevention;
- Safer Food, Better Business concept and HACCP food safety management system.
The course also contains quizzes, test and downloadable training materials that make it more engaging and practical and also can be used for your business.
By the end of this training you will be able to recognise health & safety and food safety hazards, hygiene risks and understand how they may be prevented and controlled and, all in all, how to ensure safety in your business.
- Hospitality Professionals
- Restaurant Operators and Managers
- Anyone who works in catering industry and responsible for Health and Safety and Food Safety matters
Identifying hazards, risk and controls at workplace; conducting and reviewing risk assessments; risk mapping tool and how to use it.
Main hazards in the hospitality sector, general procedures and controls for safety at workplace.
Fire classifications and extinguishers, fire prevention and evacuation process; fire warden duties and staff duties.
Every team member working in the kitchen environment as well as restaurant management team must be aware of correct temperatures for food handling and storage.
Choose the correct statements in regards to temperature control that you must know to ensure food safety at your workplace.