Health Safety and Environment Essentials - HSE Level 1
What you'll learn
- Learn fundamental principles of HSE and gain an understanding of the importance of health, safety and welfare standards in the workplace
- Learn the common terminologies in HSE including, Hazards, Risks, Near Misses, Incidents, etc
- Learn the roles and responsibilities for HSE in the workplace and become aware of the main causes and effects of poor health and safety at work
- Know how hazards and risks are controlled in the workplace.
- Understand how hazards and risks contribute to workplace risks, understand correct work procedures and understand control methods
- Gain an understanding of the causes of injuries and ill health, reasons why accidents occur, effects of accidents and how to report accidents and near misses
- Learn about HSE Regulations in the workplace
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course treats the fundamental principles of health and safety in the workplace. It examines the 8 principles of the safe workplace and introduces participants to the philosophy of health and safety at the workplace.
The course introduces participants to key terms and definitions of HSE and it discussed the process of identifying hazards, carrying out risk assessment and controlling risks using the hierarchy of controls approach.
Participants to the course will also gain a knowledge of HSE roles and responsibilities int he workplace and subsisting HSE regulations that one needs to be aware of at work.
Be introduced to the fundamental principles of HSE
Understand the importance of health, safety and welfare standards in the workplace.
Learn the common terminologies in HSE – Hazards, Risks, Near Misses, Incidents, etc
Know how hazards and risks are controlled in the workplace.
Understand how hazards and risks contribute to workplace risks, understand correct work procedures and understand control methods
Be introduced to the concept of risk assessment and the hierarchy of controls approach
They will understand causes of injuries and ill health, outline reasons why accidents occur, also effects of accidents and how to report accidents and near misses
Learn about HSE Regulations in the workplace
Learn the roles and responsibilities for HSE in the workplace
Course includes quizzes to reinforce course learning.
Who this course is for:
- This is a beginner course for those totally new to Occupational Safety and Health or Health Safety and Environment. For anyone that that is seeking basic knowledge on how to manage health and safety in the workplace.
Oluseye Kolawole, PMP. Prince 2, Professional Scrum Master, International Association of Safety Professionals (IASP) Certified Safety Trainer/Manager, IASP West Africa Board Member
Oluseye has over 20 years hands on experience working on and leading multidisciplinary projects in the Telecommunications, Financial, Manufacturing, Construction and Oil & Gas sectors of the economy. A certified PECB (Canada), PTLLS (UK), IASP (USA) and ITF (Nigeria) Trainer, Seye has keen interest and expertise in Health Safety and Environment, Project Management, Risk Management, Business Process Improvement as well as Quality Management.
Seye is an IASP Certified Safety Manager/Trainer, Certified Project Manager (PMP), Prince 2 Practitioner, Professional Scrum Master, Certified Lead Risk Manager, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and NEBOSH IGC holder, just to mention a few.
He is a graduate of Chemical Engineering, University of Lagos and has a Shell Special Intensive Training Program Certificate in Oil & Gas Engineering from the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland. He is an alumnus of the Lagos Business School Owner Manager Program (OMP)
He has facilitated Project Management, HSE, Risk Management, Improvement courses for a host of top indigenous organizations, multinationals and government institutions. He is the Managing Partner at OAK Interlink Company Limited, and a Director at Kristina Jade & Company, a learning support services company based in Lagos, Nigeria