Healing Family Relationships After Addiction
What you'll learn
- Understanding the nature of addiction and common triggers.
- Developing tools to manage thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that lead to balanced family life.
- Building healthy roles and communication patterns within the family.
- Learning to manage and overcome resentments.
- Recognizing the importance of ongoing community support for addiction recovery.
- Identifying expectations for a newly sober family member and providing appropriate support.
- Letting go of past hurts and seeking professional assistance when necessary.
- Celebrating and setting up a new framework for a successful and sustainable recovery.
- This course is designed for individuals who have a loved one or family member who is in recovery or attempting to maintain sobriety.
- No prior experience or knowledge is necessary, but an open mind and willingness to learn and support your loved one is essential.
- Access to a computer or mobile device with internet connectivity is required to access course materials and resources.
The Helping Families Heal after Addiction is a course designed to help families navigate the challenges of addiction and recovery. Hosted by Tanya Gioia, a wife, mom, podcaster, and life coach, this course offers practical advice for families to create a life they adore with their loved ones without addiction.
The course is set up in several episodes, each focusing on a specific aspect of addiction and recovery.
The first episode emphasizes the importance of community involvement in addiction recovery, including the benefits of journaling and reaching out to sobriety support groups.
The second episode discusses different models of addiction and how to live a fulfilling life without addiction.
The third episode covers the expectations for a newly sober family and suggestions for supporting family members in maintaining their sober lifestyle.
The fourth episode talks about the danger of resentments and the importance of forgiveness, communication, and managing resentment.
The fifth episode focuses on re-establishing family roles and adjusting to a new lifestyle after recovery.
The sixth episode discusses the importance of healing past hurts through healthy communication and seeking professional assistance.
Finally, the seventh episode focuses on celebrating victories, reflecting on the journey, and setting up a new framework for a balanced family life.
Throughout the course, Tanya shares her own experiences as a wife, mom, and coach, providing practical tips for families to support their loved ones in recovery. Addiction is not just a personal matter, and the lives of loved ones are affected by both addiction and the recovery process. Therefore, it is essential to be available and supportive to someone who is recovering to ensure a successful and sustainable recovery.
In conclusion, the Helping Families Heal After Addiction Course offers valuable insights and practical advice for families to navigate the challenges of addiction and recovery. It provides a framework for families to create a life they adore with their loved ones without addiction and promotes a balanced family life.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to support their loved ones who are in recovery or attempting to maintain sobriety.
- It is for individuals who want to learn how to create a balanced family life without addiction.
- It is for individuals who want to learn how to manage their own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in order to support their loved one's recovery journey.
- It is for individuals who want to be part of a supportive community that understands the challenges of addiction and recovery.
Tanya Gioia : Expert in Healing Family Relationships After Addiction
When someone close to you or in your family is attempting to achieve or maintain sobriety, it may be a delicate and challenging moment. The effects of addiction are devastating for both the addict and those who care about them. Because I know that loving an addict or alcoholic needs a very specific kind of support, which you might find difficult to get.
I’m Tanya Gioia, a wife, a mom, a podcaster, and a life coach, and I have been through this process, and now we are a family in recovery. Every family has hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Many families go through crises and break apart. Some families seek help, turning the stinking sinking shipwreck of a family unit back over to God for healing and direction. We are one of those families.
So I’m here to help you when you feel your love is not enough to save your relationship or a loved one from addiction. I work with parents of addicted children and women and wives suffering from depression, heartbreak, unhealthy relationships, feeling unloved, anxiety, and exhaustion due to addiction. I help those who need prayer and support to overcome mental and spiritual exhaustion, pain, confusion, the struggle to understand why, and anger caused by addiction.
So let me take you on a journey about what happens after sobriety and how to build motivation, overcome impulses, and manage thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, which will ultimately lead to a balanced family life.
PS Official Stuff
Certified by the International Coaching Federation
CRAFT Family Addiction Recovery Instructor
Masters in Theological Studies, Harvard University