Head Start to Computer Programming
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Equip themselves with the fundamental concepts of a computer system
- Identify the various steps in the Program Development Cycle and IPO model
- Learn about Algorithms and various techniques for expressing algorithms
- Draw flowcharts and write Pseudo codes after going through lots of examples and tutorials given in each lesson
- Learn programming terms and concepts such as variable, constant, operators, Boolean logic and looping and conditional programming
- Get hands on with Scratch starting from downloading, installing and working on it
- Apply the programming concepts through small executable Scratch programs
- Nothing Specific, Just willingness to learn and explore new stuff
This Course will teach you fundamental concepts about programming without going through specifics of any language. Concepts you will learn here are common enough that they are available in all programming languages.
The course is learning about Flow Charts, Pseudo codes & Algorithms and getting familiar with the terms and constructs used in programming languages. We will also go through Scratch – A Programming language develop by MIT which provides a drag & drop interface to build programs and games.
The course is suitable for children and adults as well who want to start learning programming.
Here is the view of the course structure:
Lectures - 21
Video - 3+ Hours
Skill level - Beginner level
Languages - English
Includes - Lifetime access. Available on Udemy...
The course is divided into units which are further divided into short lessons of 15-20 mins each. Short quizzes provide a break and also test your knowledge on the topics covered in that lesson. Exercises in a PDF format are also available for download to consolidate your understanding on that topic.
The course kick starts with talking about the components of a computer system - hardware and software, the structure of a program and its life cycle, moving onto the IPO model and some commonly used input output devices. We precisely list about the benefits of learning programming and why it has become an absolute necessity in this digital age.
Then the course moves onto algorithm writing and its techniques, writing Pseudo codes before writing actual programs and numerous examples and tutorials for the same.
Flowcharts are covered in detail. Their advantages, disadvantages and guidelines to draw them, all is covered under this topic. You will get to see many examples and tutorials for flowcharts to make you comfortable drawing them.
One whole unit of the course is dedicated to learning about terms and constructs used in real programming. What are variables and constants and how or where to use them ?Various operators, Boolean logic, blocks and loops - we will talk in detail about these all.
Finally the last unit of the course is based on hands on programming with Scratch. We will walk through the Scratch interface in detail and also do some tutorials to show you how you can create small programs in Scratch by using the concepts we have seen in earlier lessons.
So, this course provides you with a solid foundation on all the programming concepts and prepares you to take on programming with a good head start.
- This course is suitable for beginners who are new to the world of programming
- Ideally suited to children as well as adults who are willing to get their foundation concepts about computer and programming in place