Hazards Identification, Risk Assessment & Risk Control
- WSQ ESS Workplace Numeracy and Literacy (WPLN) Level 6
- Familiar with own organization products/services
· We live in a World full of risks. Very often accidents happened at work and at play because we are oblivious to the hazards around us and hence underestimated the associated risk of an accident happening;
· From the conversations between a father who is a veteran working in the industry and his child who is still studying, examples of hazards from our daily life and the workplaces are highlighted so that we can all cultivate a safety mind set and sharpened our skills in identifying hazards, assessing the risk, and taking appropriate risk control measures to prevent accident;
· Topics covered in this course:
o Topic 1: Hazard and Risk
o Topic 2: Three Phases of Hazards
o Topic 3: Hazards identification
o Topic 4: Risk Assessment
o Topic 5: Risk Control
· This course is designed to replace 25% (4 hours) of the classroom-based 2-day WSQ Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan course as part of blended learning approach
· The course can also be taken individually and independently as a single subject in “Hazards Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control”
Who this course is for:
- Learners of WSQ Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan (also known as bizSAFE 2 Training Course)
- Management / Environmental / Health & Safety personnel, line supervisors, team leaders, Risk Management Team Leaders and Risk Management Champions.
- Any one who wants to know about safety and health
Goh Chye Guan is currently the MD of SMER Pte Ltd and a freelance trainer and curriculum developer. SMER is a company specialising in Workplace Safety and Health Culture with the vision of ‘Nurturing a Progressive and Pervasive WSH Culture, from Hardware to Software to Heartware’.
Chye Guan has more than 30 years of safety & health and risk management experience from both the private and public sector. Chye Guan was involved in the development of bizSAFE and CultureSAFE when he was with the Ministry of Manpower, Workplace Safety and Health Council as its Director of Industry Capability Building.
Chye Guan is a Specialist Adult Educator under the Adult Education Professionalisation (AEP) Scheme of the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL).
Current interest of Chye Guan includes the adoption of technology in the development of blended learning for adult learners. Chye Guan had also worked with Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Singapore Contractor Association, and founded IRM Consultancy Pte Ltd in 1999. He travels frequently to work in ASEAN and the Asia Pacific Countries.
Dioworks is an e-learning design company focused on using technology as enablers to make learning easy, engaging and effective. Premised on innovative designs, pedagogy and solid research, we provide quality learning experiences for learners globally. Dioworks offers bespoke solutions for organisations to integrate learning, training and assessment of work-based competencies via blended learning strategies. Specifically, we combine the strengths of Classroom-Facilitated Learning, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in partnership with UDEMY Inc, and our "Kinetic Coach" automated response training solution to achieve learning outcomes.
Dioworks is an e-learning design company focused on using technology as enablers to make learning easy, engaging and effective. Premised on innovative designs, pedagogy and solid research, we provide quality learning experiences for learners globally. Dioworks offers bespoke solutions for organisations to integrate learning, training and assessment of work-based competencies via blended learning strategies.