Harp Lessons 3.0
What you'll learn
- This course is a continuation of Beginner Harp Lessons 2.0. Students will continue to learn songs and more practice techniques.
- Finger Independence
- Isolation Practice
- The student should know how to read music and the basics behind harp technique. See my previous courses for guidance.
- Understand basics of music theory: note duration and rests
In this course you will learn:
- Strengthen finger independence
- Left hand harmony patterns (4-2-1)
- Pop tunes to accompany the technique lessons
Technique is always addressed for those who are continuing harp as well as those who are using this course as a refresher course.
Improve your playing today!
If you haven't done so already, check out the previous two courses Harp for Beginners and Harp for Beginners 2.0
Who this course is for:
- Harp players who want to improve their playing, practicing techniques and increase their repertoire should take this course.
Elizabeth began studying music at age six. At nine, she began taking harp lessons with Elizabeth Motter, harpist with the Cincinnati Symphony.
Elizabeth spent many summers furthering her studies at various harp music camps both in the USA and abroad. In the summer of 1995 she attended Benslow harp camp in Benslow, England, and in the summer of 1996 she studied with Alice Spero Keene at the University of Illinois’ summer camp in Champaign-Urbana. In 1998, she attended the summer harp course at Indiana University where she studied with Susann McDonald.
At age 14, Interlochen Arts Academy accepted her into their boarding arts high school in northern Michigan, which offered a college preparatory study program with emphasis on her chosen art form, the harp. After studying with Joan Raeburn Holland for four years, she attended and graduated from Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri, receiving her Bachelor’s of Music in harp performance as a student of Ayako Watanabe. She has received her Masters of Arts in Music from University of Central Florida studying under Orlando Philharmonic harpist Rosalind Beck.
Elizabeth has performed regularly as a harpist for Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida, performing full time at Victoria & Albert’s as well as with the Disney World Orchestra. She has performed as the harpist for Norwegian singer/songwriter Sissel Kyrkjebø during her United States tour.
Elizabeth enjoys a variety of musical endeavors as a performance harpist playing for weddings, private receptions and other elegant events. She also enjoys teaching private harp lessons to aspiring young students in the Orlando and Central Florida areas.