Happy Hybrid Teams - Managing Remote & Onsite Employees
What you'll learn
- Over 30 practical solutions to 15 real life challenges of remote and hybrid team managers that can be applied at no cost immediately after the course
- How to manage highly engaged and effective team no matter if your employees are working in the office or remotely
- Why we behave the way we do when working remotely explained with psychology and management research findings
- Serious scientifically proven solutions on hybrid teams delivered with humour to increase your interest and make them easier to remember
- This is an intermediate-level course, intended for participants who have previous experience in team management (at least one year). No experience in working in remote or hybrid team is required.
This is a course for open-minded managers searching for non-obvious, evidence-based solutions on how to build engaged and effective team no matter where people are (office or home). You will find over 30 practical solutions to 15 real life problems with communication, results, relationships, resilience and happiness in hybrid teams. You will learn best practices from global companies such as Microsoft, GitLab, and Automattic. You will understand the importance of certain managerial behaviours thanks to findings from the scientists from Gallup's Institute, Stanford University, and Yale University.
Since part of your team works remotely (from home) and part in the office:
- do you feel that 80% of your working time is spent on calls and there is little time left to do the "real work"?
- do people work longer hours so their productivity is high, but their creativity is lower than before?
- do team members miss the informal chats over coffee and do you struggle how to make the online meetings more fun?
- is the level of stress higher and do you wonder how to avoid the burnout?
- are your employees less happy?
If you SAY YES to one or more of the above questions, this course is for you!
Nowadays, the majority of knowledge workers can work anywhere, not necessarily in the office. When part of the team works remotely and part of the team works in the office we talk about hybrid teams. Hybrid is the future of work and requires a new set of skills for managers to lead the hybrid teams.
Since people work more intellectually than physically, understanding what happens in our brain to make them the most productive, creative and engaged became very important. Studies show that one of the best solutions for that is to make our brain happy.
5 main modules of happy hybrid teams include:
Communication - which communications tools to use? how to avoid communication issues? how to lead great online meetings?
Results - how to make your team productive? how to keep innovation level high? how to support team member's visibility?
Relationships - how to build trust? why psychological security matters for hybrid teams? how to keep your team integrated on a distance?
Psychological Resilience - how to support work-life integration? why the body matters when you do intellectual work? what to do to lower the stress level?
Happiness - why does it matter to learn to appreciate here and now? how to increase positive emotions? what to do to show the purpose of work to make people proud of what they do?
Each chapter contains 3 lessons where we share real life cases, latest research findings and a few practical solutions that you can implement in your team minute after you are done with the course at no cost.
Who this course is for:
- Current managers, executives, and human resources professionals who want to learn how to lead a highly engaged and effective hybrid teams, no matter whether employees are in the office or at home.
Magda is an organisational psychologist with Ph.D. title for research on leadership in remote teams in 2015. For over 10 years she worked from home regularly as a global project manager and a global account manager for multinational corporations. She used to manage the hybrid team spread across 4 continents and lead online meetings for which people would wake up eagerly at 4 a.m. and stay active till the end!
Since 2018 Magda works as a consultant and a business trainer and supports managers who lead remote and hybrid teams (both remote & based in the office), trains teams to effectively collaborate despite the distance, and advises firms how to successfully implement remote work. She worked for 7N, Orange, General Electric, McKinsey, Dior.
Kasia Kern is a graduate of Psychology and she has over 17 years of business experience, working as HR Director in international and local companies. Kasia is Founder and Managing Director of first polish company specialized in filed of Happiness at Work. Kasia is certified by Woohoo Inc as Chief Happiness Officer. She is also certified facilitator and coach. She works as HR and Happiness at Work Consultant, Executive Coach, Facilitator and Business Trainer. She is the initiator and organizer of the first conference in Poland on Happiness at Work, which was very successful in September 2019 in Krakow. Kasia holds the Berkeley University certificate in the field of Happiness at Work and is the only person in Poland during certification in the first in the world Happiness Study conducted by Happiness expert Professor Tal Ben-Sharar.