Happy Hips and Hamstrings Yin Yoga
What you'll learn
- Create balance and healing in the body through a guided relaxing yoga practice.
- Develop a regular practice of yoga poses to keep your hips, hamstrings and back happy!
- Train your mind to slow down and create relaxation by connecting to your breath.
- Learn the necessary positions to bring length and strength to the connective tissues of the hips, hamstrings, and lower spine.
- Doctor's approval for gentle movement including forward flexion (forward bending).
- Comfortable clothing, removal of belts, shoes, and any restrictive clothing. Blankets, pillows, towels, and a long belt or rope.
This course shares information about the benefits of a Yin Yoga practice. Students will learn about the importance of living a balanced lifestyle. Concentrating on the hips and hamstrings this course will train students how to lengthen and release the connective tissue of the hips, spine and legs. Learning how to approach this type of practice will be explained. Students will practice creating a mind/body connection and learn how to consciously relax.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who would like to learn how to relax deeply, improve range of motion, reduce pain and stress, and speed up recovery time between workouts.
- Free yourself from lower back pain, sciatica, piriformis syndrome, and chronic hamstring and IT band tension.
Paula is a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 500 hour level, a Yoga Therapist, Thai Yoga Therapist, and Certified Massage Therapist. She has been a student of yoga for more than 10 years, teaching for over 9 years, and practicing the art of massage since 2006. Paula has completed over 1000 hours of training in Massage and Yoga including her first RYT certification from Moksana Yoga Center, in Victoria, B.C. Other notable training programs are Thai Yoga Therapy and Holistic Anatomy with Saul David Raye, Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Judith Hanson Lasater, Vinyasa Krama with Sri Vatsa Ramaswami at LMU, ONLINE Anatomy, Kinesiology and Biomechanics with Susi Hately, and Yin and Yang Yoga with Master Paulie Zink. Paula has completed a second 200 hour teacher training through YogaWorks, learning their methodology of sequencing and alignment.
Paula is continually inspired to offer more insight to the healing powers of the body/mind connection and has recently completed the certification training in the cutting edge practice of Yoga Therapy at Loyola Marymount University.
Drawing from the exploration of various styles of Hatha Yoga including: Ashtanga, Viniyoga, Bikram, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative, Power Yoga, Yin, Vinyasa Krama, and kids yoga. She brings the inspiration of body alignment, flow of breath and awareness of spirit to her teachings.