- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 29 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn 6 science-backed strategies for boosting and maintaining types of happiness taught at some of the most esteemed institutions in the world
- Interventions on gratitude that boost HAPPINESS, OPTIMISM AND HEALTH
- Basic practices in mindfulness and meditation which can DECREASE EMOTIONAL REACTIVITY, STRESS, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION while increasing MEMORY & FOCUS
- An empirical taxonomy of human strengths and activities for using and developing them which can lead to increase HAPPINESS, ENGAGEMENT & LIFE-SATISFACTION
- Strategies for investing in, deepening and enhancing relationships in your life, which are the NUMBER 1 PREDICTOR of happiness
- The science of kindness and activities to help you identify and execute acts of kindness which are HUGE happiness boosters
- Research on and strategies for creating FLOW, which can lead to greater HAPPINESS, CREATIVITY, SATISFACTION and more
- PLUS! A bonus hack by introducing you to the science of money and happiness and guiding some activities to help you think about create the right relationship for you.
- BONUS MATERIALS: Learn about scientific measures for well-being and get access to tools that will allow you to measure your own!
Over 30 years of rigorous empirical work has revealed a list of simple activities and strategies that we can use to literally raise our happiness. This course will take you through this science and more importantly, these strategies. You'll learn simple strategies to enhance your well-being and your life overall. You will learn...
1. The science of gratitude, which when done correctly, can increase happiness, optimism and more.
2. How to develop a mindfulness routine, which can decrease stress, anxiety, emotional reactivity and increase focus and memory.
3. To identify and use your strengths which can lead to measurable increases in happiness, engagement and life-satisfaction.
4. Why and how to practice kindness and more prosocial behaviors, which has a huge impact on our happiness and the happiness of those around us (compounding the effects).
5. Tips and tricks for investing in and deepening some of your relationships. Relationships are the #1 predictor of happiness!
6. How to find flow, experiences of deep immersion where we lose sense of time, perform at high levels and feel intense satisfaction and a sense of happiness.
7. Strategies and framing for your finances, including the science of money and happiness and tips for spending in ways that will create a bigger happiness "bang" for your buck.
PLUS: Special bonus content to help you assess your levels of happiness
Unlike a lot of "happiology" courses, taught by "accredited" coaches, this course is taught by Dr. Nick Holton a PhD in psychology. Dr. Holton is the Chair of positive psychology at a LA-based independent school as well as an author in the field, and a consultant for a NCAA championship program, CEOs, businesses, schools and elite athletes & performers across many arenas. He has taught courses in positive psychology & cognitive sciences to secondary students, adults and private clients alike.
To find out more about Dr. Holton's work or book him for private, zoom sessions, visit his website (Google, "Eudaimonics") or e-mail him at email@example.com
Dr. Holton has been a professional teacher, coach and trainer for nearly two decades and has organized each lesson as he would one of his classes or training sessions. Each section includes videos, text summaries, assignments, additional resources, practice quizzes and references for further reading. The course includes hours of content that you can continue to use and refresh throughout the rest of your lives, delivered professionally, by a true expert in the field of Positive Psychology.
- People looking for tangible personal growth strategies and in particular, strategies for enhancing happiness and performance.
- Professionals looking to boost their performance (well-being makes us better at almost everything)
- Parents looking to share with their kids