Hands-on with SQL Server DBCC Commands
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- One of the primary goals of this course is to understand what DBCC commands exist and when to use them. These are commands that you can use against the SQL Server instance or against a specific database, and they will either return information about the instance or a database, or they can validate data or data integrity, and there are select commands which will change how SQL Server behaves. This course will also highlight which commands can affect system performance and you need to take caution against running in production.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server databases is prerequisite of this course.
- For self practice and trying demo's on your own, you need to have any version of SQL Server management studio installed (preferably 2012 or above version).
In this course we'll review the most frequently executed DBCC commands to not just see exactly what they do, but also understand what impact if any they can have on performance, on your solution / configuration, or on your data. If you work with SQL Server in any capacity, whatever your level, this course is relevant to you. This course is relevant to database administrators and developers. Experience with TSQL commands is helpful, along with the basic understanding of how SQL Server works.
The primary goals of this course are for you to start to understand what DBCC commands exist and when to use them. These are commands that you can use against the SQL Server instance or against a specific database, and they will either return information about the instance or a database, or they can validate data or data integrity, and there are select commands which will change how SQL Server behaves, we will explore all these categories of commands in this course along with hands-on exercise for each command.
This course is comprised of five modules. In first module, we will cover some basic information about DBCC commands including categories and how we can get information about all the commands available on any specific SQL Server release. In module two, we'll get into informational commands which provide information about instance or SQL database. In module three, we will cover maintenance commands which are used to make changes in behavior of SQL. In module four, we will learn about validation commands which validate structure of database objects. And then we'll wrap up module six discussing undocumented commands which are used widely but not officially supported by Microsoft.
I hope you'll join me as we explore the world of DBCC commands with this course, "Hands-on with SQL Server DBCC command" on Udemy.
- This course will provide detailed understanding of DBCC commands which will provide benefits to all levels of SQL Server database developers and database administrators.
- Anyone who want to learn some tricks about getting quick information from SQL Server database and use DBCC commands for performance tuning diagnosis.
In this chapter, we will learn about categories of DBCC commands and how to get list of supported commands for any specific SQL Server version.