Hands-On Microservices with Spring Boot 2.0
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course is for developers who want to build complex microservices in the Spring ecosystem.
- If you want to code to build robust and fault-tolerant systems with Spring and design and develop microservices and RESTful web services with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, this course is for you.
In this video, we will understand Spring Boot App entry point.
Look at the dependencies needed
Define App Runner
In this video, we will look at REST services, microservices, and monoliths.
Start embedded microservices
Understanding how Spring use Jetty
Simple REST call to our running Service
- No knowledge of the microservice architecture is required.
- A basic understanding of the Spring ecosystem and Java programming is needed.
This course takes a hands-on, practical approach to implementing microservices for your app development with the Spring ecosystem. We delve into the two main components of the Spring ecosystem for microservice development—Spring Boot and Spring Cloud—in detail.
You’ll see how to build microservices with Spring Boot 2.0 Then we’ll take you through a suite of tools that Spring Cloud offers for the discovery, routing, and deployment of microservices to the enterprise and the cloud. The course provides practical guidance for most of the common operational and infrastructural concerns and will show you how microservices address them.
We cover topics right from breaking your monolith to communication between services and deployment. This course will make microservices easily accessible to you so you can implement it instantly in your day-to-day projects.
About the Author
Tomasz Lelek is a Software Engineer who programs mostly in Java and Scala. He is a fan of microservices architecture and functional programming. He has worked with more than 700 production microservices in the microservices ecosystem written in Spring Boot. He has 5+ years of experience in product development in Spring. He is also the co-founder of an e-learning platform that was built with the Java language.
- Explore Microservices-based architecture
- Use Domain-Driven Design for designing your Microservices
- Develop and design RESTful web services with Spring Boot
- Develop microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Implement exception handling, validation, HATEOAS, and filtering for RESTful web services
- Explore Bounded Context to deal with large models and teams
- Perform integration testing with Spring MVC
- Use Spring Boot Actuator to expose operational information about the application running