Hands-On Mastering DevOps: CI and Jenkins Pipelines in AWS
What you'll learn
- Create a continuous integration pipeline to construct and release a project in real-time
- Acquire fundamental knowledge about Continuous Integration (CI) concepts
- Develop a comprehensive Jenkins pipeline using Groovy on AWS free tier resources
- Launch a Jenkins pipeline environment using Terraform in a free tier environment, and utilize third-party tools to integrate with Jenkins
- Acquire production-level techniques, such as establishing webhook integration and implementing parallelism, in a complex environment
- Basic knowledge on AWS, Git, Terraform, Python, Groovy, Docker, Jenkins, Linux
- An aspiration to learn comprehensive, real-world scenarios for continuous integration
This course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of Continuous Integration (CI) and Jenkins pipelines using Amazon Web Services (AWS). The course is divided into three parts:
Continuous Integration Concepts - In this section, you will learn about the benefits of continuous integration and the tools that are commonly used in building pipelines. You will also learn about which languages to use, such as Groovy, and which platforms to choose.
Getting Started with Jenkins - This section is all about getting hands-on experience with Jenkins. You will launch a cloud environment and deploy Jenkins. Then, you will explore the pipeline stages and learn how to develop them. You will also learn how to use third-party tools like Twilio and Dockerhub.
Understanding and Implementing a Typical CI Workflow - In the final section, you will learn about more advanced topics in pipelines such as scaling and parallelism. You will develop a Python Flask application and use Git commands to learn how integration between version control (GitHub) and Jenkins works. You will also learn how to automate the pipeline by triggering it using a webhook in GitHub.
By the end of this course, you will gain expertise in:
Continuous integration concepts and best practices
Creating and implementing pipelines in Jenkins on a free-tier cloud platform (AWS)
Integrating third-party tools like Twilio and Dockerhub
Working with Git commands and version control systems
Optimizing observability and automating the pipeline
Who this course is for:
- Individuals interested in constructing a Jenkins continuous integration pipeline in a cloud environment utilizing advanced technologies and techniques
- Individuals seeking to improve their proficiency in the DevOps pipeline workflow
As a highly experienced DevOps Engineer with a wide experience in the field, I am able to offer expert consultation on all aspects of AWS Infrastructure, including server and database setup, security, monitoring, and cost optimization. My proficiency in DevOps, GitHub, and code-as-infrastructure enables me to implement automated Continuous Integration and Delivery for development environments, as well as hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
In addition to my professional experience, I am also passionate about teaching others to code. I have extensive experience mentoring students, both online and in-person, and have a deep understanding of various technologies, including AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, and other cutting-edge infrastructure solutions.