Hands-On Enterprise Application Development with Java 9
What you'll learn
- Gain practical experience of Java 9, including modules, the Streams API, the Collections API, multi-level JARs and HTTP/2 clients.
- Learn about enterprise Java (JEE8), including JSF, JPA, and CDI
- How to build real enterprise Java applications including a website and a microservice
- Learn to use tools such as Maven, and PrimeFaces
- Basic knowledge of Java programming is required.
This video course will set you on the path to become a skilled and professional Java developer by exploring Java9 and Java EE 8 and learning how these technologies can be used to create a modern, scalable enterprise application.
We will use case studies to explore how we can use the JEE8 technologies of JSF, EJB, and JPA to build a database-driven website, while all the time working with new Java 9 constructs. You'll learn how to extract a component from our website as a standalone microservice and decouple your microservice to allow it to be reused within an organization. We will then delve into Java 9 technologies such as JShell, modules, the Streams API, Multi-Jar, Process APIs, and HTTP/2 clients.
About the Author
Martin Farrell is an independent Java consultant and trainer based in Edinburgh, UK, with over 18 years' Java experience. He has consulted across a range of businesses from banking to telecommunications and Silicon Valley start-ups. He also blogs about Java and Spring technologies on a popular blog.
When not consulting, Martin likes to spend time with his wife and two children. He is also a keen cyclist and triathlete.
Who this course is for:
- This video course will appeal to programmers who want to take their knowledge of Java to the next level by learning to build enterprise-level applications using Java 9 and its new features.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.