Hands-on Chatbots with Google Dialogflow
What you'll learn
- Build and deploy natural-sounding chatbots
- Design and build sound interaction models for your chatbots
- Deploy web apps to Heroku
- Develop third-party apps for Slack and other messaging platforms
- Basic proficiency at programming in Python
- Basic understanding of HTTP and how REST APIs work
Chatbots are voice-aware bots, i.e. computer programs designed to simulate human conversations with users. This course introduces Dialogflow, Google's conversational interface for bots, devices and applications.
- DialogFlow is state-of-the-art, launched in September 2016
- No deep learning or natural language processing expertise is needed to build even very complex bots
- Provides an intuitive way of specifying the conversational interface
- Automatically and dynamically adjusts conversational responses
- Easy to build, test and publish apps
- Supports one-click integration with other chat platforms such as Slack and Facebook
In this course, we will cover:
- The big picture: How conversation flows in Dialogflow
- Interaction models: Intents, entities, contexts and their resolution into API calls
- Managing dialogs: Handling the flow of conversation using linear and non-linear dialogs.
- Fulfilment models: Using webhooks to fulfill user intents and how to connect to external services to respond to queries.
- Deployment: Deploying a flask app to Heroku, and a Cloud Function to the Google Cloud Platform
- Third-party integration: Integrating a bot with Slack
Who this course is for:
- Website and mobile app developers looking to add chat functionality
- Software developers looking to build sophisticated chatbots
- Developers of Facebook, Slack or other messaging platform apps looking to add chatbots to their apps
Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you'll like them :-)