Hands-On App Development with Ionic
What you'll learn
- Build and develop native, real-world, cross-platform applications using Ionic 4 and 5, MobX, and Cordova
- Integrate your Ionic apps with the SQLite Cordova plugin to persist data in an SQL way on your device
- Use MobX to manage state with Ionic 4 and 5 and build scalable reactive apps
- Develop and run your applications on multiple platforms using the Ionic CLI function
- Build high-end user interfaces with enhanced functionalities and reuse code to build apps for multiple platforms
- Create abstractions for application storage to support deployment on web browsers
- Use Ionic Native to access a device's camera and add images to items
- Use local notifications to set reminders
While Ionic is an easy and straightforward framework to learn, building Ionic apps can sometimes be hard. Designing its architecture and making sure that your application is high-performing, dynamic, and scalable are always tricky.
In this course, you will develop a feature-rich Notes app in a step-by-step process using the Ionic framework. You will be using web components, persistent storage, and APIs to ensure your app is high-performing. You'll use the MobX reactive state management tool to make your apps scalable. You'll then use a SQLite database to persist data onto your device. With the Ionic Native Camera API, you'll add, save pictures to your notes then edit and save them, set reminders in your notes, and have your device notify you of events using Ionic Native local notifications. You will deploy your app across iOS and Android devices and also on the web.
By the end of the course, you will have taken your Ionic 4 and 5 skills to the next level and will be equipped to build cross-platform hybrid mobile apps.
About the Author
Who this course is for:
- This course is for web and mobile developers who have a basic knowledge of Ionic, and want to take their skills to the next level, and need to build real-time and complex applications.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.