Hand Gesturing in Public Speaking - a Complete Overview!
What you'll learn
- Learn why it is important to use the right gesturing to accompany the content you are delivering.
- Build on it by learning the basics of hand gesturing and lay the foundation to becoming a great speaker.
- Continue the journey to master some advanced techniques in hand gesturing that professionals use to deliver a memorable speech.
- By the end of the course, you will have a complete understanding and collection of most of the techniques you will need in corporate and not-for-profit speaking situations!
- An open mind to learn and engage.
- That's it. Not much else is needed.
Thank you so very much for taking this course! For someone whose central theme in life is gratitude, this means a whole lot to me. Thank you.
Communicating effectively is at the core of building a great career or business. At the heart of communication is substance and style. The content you want your audience to know and how you will deliver the content. The combination of great content with memorable delivery is what makes a great speech memorable.
Having great content is only 50% of the equation. Having a compelling delivery is the other 50%. In fact researchers would argue that content accounts only for 7% of the equation. That leaves a whopping 93% open for verbal and gestural variety to influence your audience.
A course on Public Speaking can be about a lot of different things. It could be a broad overview of everything that goes into the wonderful world of speaking in front of an audience. However, if you are focused on building the right skills to becoming a good speaker, then you need to take a deep dive and learn the components of speaking thoroughly.
And that is what this course does. It gives a thorough treatment to one aspect of public speaking. Hand gesturing is a big part of the gestural variety that expert speakers use to convey their information. This course will take you from the very basics to the most advanced concepts in hand gesturing. And that is why this is called a pro-series course.
Whether you are just learning to speak in public or you are an experienced speaker, you will find a ton of techniques, tools and even traps to avoid on your way to becoming a polished speaker.
I would love for you to build your career or take it to even greater heights by communicating your points of view powerfully and memorably. This course will help you further your communication skills in some unique ways.
Join me as we explore the wonderful world of gesturing!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for any aspiring speaker. You could be speaking in your office, to your team, to your boss, peers or customers. No matter the audience, this course will present the techniques that will come in handy in all those situations.
- You could be a novice speaker. Or an experienced professional who can use some reinforcements in delivering powerful speeches. No matter where you are on the experience spectrum, this course will have techniques and tools for you.
- This course is a deep-dive into one aspect of public speaking viz. hand gesturing. By taking a deep dive, you will build the thoroughness and familiarity to get the non-verbal skills that will make your speeches powerful and memorable.
Joseph Prabhakar is a keynote speaker, communication expert, personal branding consultant and a certified executive coach. As the CEO of Power Communication Corp. Joseph helps leaders communicate with purpose and intention to their teams, customers and stakeholders. Utilizing techniques and best practices from multiple disciplines, Joseph offers programs that are powerful, engaging, memorable and delivers immense value to his clients.
Prior to forming Power Communication Corp, Joseph was an accomplished corporate leader with over 20 years in a variety of progressive roles and leadership responsibilities across geographies. While not speaking or teaching, Joseph loves to spend time with his family, read and spend time tending to his plants.