Halal food Production and Market Opportunities.
What you'll learn
- Students will learn the basic principles of Halal food production,
- Students will learn about Halal market opportunities and how to tap into the growing Halal market
- Students will learn about Halal certification and the factors affecting the choice of Halal certification bodies
- Be able to understand English
- An interest in Halal food
The course covers the basic principles of Halal food production with an emphasis on meat, processed food, beverages, and pharmaceutical. The market for Halal food is also highlighted, delegates will also learn about how to access the Halal market with Halal certification, and the factors influencing the choice of Halal certification Bodies.
Who this course is for:
- Food industry professionals
- Competent Authority
Dr. Awal Fuseini holds a PhD in Animal Science from Bristol Univerity in the UK and currently works as a Halal sector manager and also a Visiting Research Fellow at Huddersfield University Business School. He is also a Honorary Associate of the British Veterinary Association. Awal has many years of experience working in the Halal sector complemented by the publication of numerous peer-reviewed publications in some high impact scientific journals. Awal's work has been consulted by EU policymakers over the years, and he is a member of a number of food industry working groups. Awal recently published a book on halal meat production and market opportunities which received positive reviews from key food industry experts.