Haitian Vodou (Voodoo): Mystery of the Cosmos
What you'll learn
- Define Haitian Vodou and outline its purpose and uses.
- Differentiate Haitian Vodou from other forms of voodoo practice.
- Understand the fundamental role of Vodou in Haitian culture.
- Explore the benefits and drawbacks of practicing Haitian Vodou.
- Learn about the inherent power in the voodoo system.
- Identify the dangers of practicing Haitian Vodou.
- Conceptualize foundational practices that are part of the Haitian Vodou tradition.
- Understand the meaning of various voodoo symbols.
- Identify and explain common tools utilized within voodoo rituals and ceremonies.
- Learn how to conduct basic rituals and rites according to the Haitian Vodou system.
- An open mind and sincere desire to explore the Haitian Vodou tradition.
Haitian Vodou is one of the most revered and feared ancestral-based spiritual traditions derived from African and indigenous people groups on the Caribbean Islands. This often misunderstood system was the basis for Haitian liberation and its subsequent domino effect throughout the Americas. Beyond revolution, Haitian Vodou is a catalyst for powerful individual and societal change.
In this dynamic course, Haitian-native Vodusiant Ritchy Thermidor and Dr. Asanee Brogan outline the inner workings and deep mysteries of this compelling spiritual system from the Haitian perspective. They present an enlightening profile of Haitian Vodou as they explain the essential elements of ritual work and sacred rites in this system. Both presenters are practitioners of voodoo and, as such, provide in-depth knowledge of this sacred spiritual system.
This course introduces students to foundational practices in Haitian Vodou. It outlines Haitian Vodou from a traditional perspective and how one can get started in this practice. It likewise covers rituals, ceremonies, sacrifices, and offerings commonly performed within this spiritual system. Learners also get a basic introduction to the Haitian Kreyòl language and an understanding of key concepts inherent in the Haitian Vodou culture. Topics include sacrifices, offerings, scarves, voodoo bottles, idols, icons, veve, candle work, and much more.
Enroll now to gain exclusive insights and illuminating depictions of Haitian Vodou in this premier course.
Disclaimer: This course includes depictions and discussions of animal sacrifice as part of the Haitian Vodou practice. Viewer discretion is advised.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners in the study of spiritualism
Dr. Asanee Brogan is a spiritual life coach, diviner, and author. She currently serves as the Principal Coach and CEO of Asanee Coaching Services. Dr. Asanee has worked and lived in many regions throughout the world, inclusive of West Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Southeast Asia, and the Caribbean Islands.
As a practitioner of two African spiritual systems, Dr. Asanee also creates and publishes spiritual coaching tools. She is a devotee of both the Ifa and Haitian Vodou spiritual systems. Her experience in both systems has been instrumental in developing her knowledge and understanding of spiritualism. She makes a humble attempt of relaying her ever-growing knowledge of this subject through coaching, writing, teaching, and mentoring.