Hadoop Starter Kit
- Basic linux commands
- Basic Java knowledge is only needed to understand MapReduce programming in Java. Pig, Hive and other lessons does not need Java knowledge
The objective of this course is to walk you through step by step of all the core components in Hadoop but more importantly make Hadoop learning experience easy and fun.
By enrolling in this course you can also get free access to our multi-node Hadoop training cluster so you can try out what you learn right away in a real multi-node distributed environment.
We are a group of Hadoop consultants who are passionate about Hadoop and Big Data technologies. 4 years ago when we were looking for Big Data consultants to work in our own projects we did not find qualified candidates because the big data industry was very new and hence we set out to train qualified candidates in Big Data ourselves giving them a deep and real world insights in to Hadoop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
In the first section you will learn about what is big data with examples. We will discuss the factors to consider when considering whether a problem is big data problem or not. We will talk about the challenges with existing technologies when it comes to big data computation. We will breakdown the Big Data problem in terms of storage and computation and understand how Hadoop approaches the problem and provide a solution to the problem.
In the HDFS, section you will learn about the need for another file system like HDFS. We will compare HDFS with traditional file systems and its benefits. We will also work with HDFS and discuss the architecture of HDFS.
In the MapReduce section you will learn about the basics of MapReduce and phases involved in MapReduce. We will go over each phase in detail and understand what happens in each phase. Then we will write a MapReduce program in Java to calculate the maximum closing price for stock symbols from a stock dataset.
In the next two sections, we will introduce you to Apache Pig & Hive. We will try to calculate the maximum closing price for stock symbols from a stock dataset using Pig and Hive.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn about Big Data technologies.
- No advanced programming knowledge is needed
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn about distributed computing and Hadoop
- Course Introduction02:55
- What Is Big Data?17:54
- Understanding Big Data Problem14:46
- Test your understanding of Big Data7 questions
- HDFS - Why Another Filesystem?13:29
- Working With HDFS17:26
- HDFS Architechture12:50
- Test your understanding of HDFS6 questions
- Introduction To MapReduce08:51
- Dissecting MapReduce Components18:05
- Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 1)12:05
- Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 2)17:13
- Test your understanding of MapReduce6 questions
- Introduction to Apache Pig12:05
- Introduction to Apache Hive08:28
- Test your understanding of Pig & Hive3 questions
- Cloudera Manager - Introduction13:08
- Cloudera Manager - Installation24:07
- BONUS: Hadoop In Real World Course: Become an Expert Hadoop Developer06:28
We are a group of Senior Hadoop Consultants who are passionate about Hadoop and Big Data technologies. We have experience across several key domains from finance and retail to social media and gaming. We have worked with Hadoop clusters ranging from 50 all the way to 800 nodes.
We have been teaching Hadoop for several years now. Check out our FREE and successful Hadoop Starter Kit course at Udemy.