Lets Make a Hack n Slash game with SDL2 and C++
- 14.5 hours on-demand video
- 25 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Make small games with SDL2 and C++
- Learn game development fundamentals and beginner principles
- See how it feels to be an Indie Dev :D
- You should be familiar with C++ (if, while, for, pointers, dynamic memory, classes, inheritance)
- Install either Visual Studio Community (2013) for Windows OR
- Install XCode for Mac OR
- Install CodeBlocks for Linux
- Note: SDL2 is cross platform and can be done on Windows/Linux/Mac, however this course will be taught on Windows. The course content should work on the other 2, but the projects will be different.
In this course I'll take your intermediate C++ skills, buff them up a little and use them to make a Hack n Slash game using SDL2. You'll be taken through the entire process of making this game and given source code of the project at various checkpoints if you get lost along the way.
We are going to learn basic game dev elements, such as game loop, animations, collisions, player input and AI. I'm also going to boost your skills with Inheritance and Polymorphism to simplify a complex game structure down into a few short bits of game logic.
At the end of the course you'll walk out with game dev experience and a little game you can expand on and even build up to a marketable game.
Let's make a game!
- This course is meant for students or hobbyist with a background in C++ looking to get into game development
- Anyone with a C++ background who wants to try SDL2