Gypsy Jazz / Jazz Manouche Rhythm Guitar Fundamentals
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To play gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche swing rhythm guitar like Django Reinhardt!
- Left and right hand techniques for mastering gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche swing rhythm (La Pompe).
- Over 40 unique gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche chord shapes with 2 options for each chord type (PDF Chord Book included).
- Accompany at a professional level for 5 common gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche standards.
- The crucial role of the rhythm guitar in gypsy jazz (Jazz Manouche).
- How to memorise jazz chord progressions.
- How to choose the most appropriate chord shape for any standard.
- This course is designed for guitar players of all levels. Just bring an enthusiasm for learning gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche.
- A gypsy jazz style guitar is not required to take this course. Any acoustic guitar will work.
Master gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche swing rhythm guitar in this thorough course, designed for guitar players of all levels.
Whether you’ve always wanted to learn to play like Django Reinhardt, or are interested in exploring a new and exciting style, this course will really help. The lessons will take you from a beginner to a professional level swing rhythm player as efficiently as possible, with concise, fun, and engaging guitar tuition.
You will become confident and skilled in all the essential right and left hand techniques for playing gypsy jazz swing rhythm guitar. You’ll also master over 40 new and unique chords, allowing you to play rhythm for any gypsy jazz tune. You’ll put these chords into practice directly in the course by learning several popular gypsy jazz standards.
“I have specifically tried to learn the la pompe style in the past from free online guitar tutorials, but haven’t really understood what to do until watching Harry’s!” (C. Heath)
“I am thoroughly enjoying the well paced lessons. I get a sense of progress and a strengthening of the core elements of the gypsy jazz style.” (M. Andrews)
“This course would be a bargain at twice the price!” (J. Halbrooks)
You Will Master
Left and right hand technique for gypsy jazz swing rhythm (La Pompe).
An understanding of the role of the rhythm guitar in gypsy jazz.
Playing swing rhythm at a variety of tempos.
Over 40 unique gypsy jazz chords.
Accompaniment for 5 popular gypsy jazz standards.
Chord progression memorisation skills.
32 HD gypsy jazz guitar video lessons.
Over 2.5 hours of gypsy jazz guitar tuition from a professional guitarist and teacher.
34 pages of PDF material, including gypsy jazz chord charts for 5 tunes, gypsy jazz chord book, & transcriptions of lesson material in TAB and standard notation.
13 professionally recorded gypsy jazz backing tracks to practice your new improvisation skills to.
Songs You Will Learn
Blues en Mineur (Django Reinhardt)
Dark Eyes (Trad.)
Avalon (Jolson, DeSylva, Rose)
What Is This Thing Called Love (Cole Porter)
J’attendrai (Dino Olivieri)
- Guitar players of all levels.
- Guitarists interested in jazz.
- Guitarists interested in swing style guitar.
- Guitarists interested in Django Reinhardt style guitar.
- Guitarists interested in Gypsy Jazz
- Guitarists interested in Jazz Manouche