Gymnastics Lessons Vol. 1 - Floor Exercise
What you'll learn
- Students will have a better understanding of the important fundamentals, concepts and drills for the floor exercise event.
- Students will know about important safety concepts and spotting techniques to assist gymnastics.
- Students will understand certain biomechanics in relation to body position and tumbling.
- Students will have a general knowledge of what the judges are looking for during competition.
- There are no gymnastics prerequisites to taking this class. The student should have an above average level of physical fitness. Mats are necessary for several of the drills.
This video provides detailed instruction of essential skills, drills and progressions for floor exercise (tumbling). Among the topics covered are: presentation, headstand, handstand, forward and backward rolls, handstand forward roll (tuck and pike), back extension roll, cartwheel, straddle press handstand, front handspring, roundoff, back handspring, back tuck, front tuck, front layout, combining skills, stretches and exercises that you can do at home and more! The emphasis is on developing skills with proper technique and body control. The program is an excellent resource for coaches, gymnasts and parents.
About the coach:
Rustam Sharipov is a two-time Olympic gold medalist from the Ukraine. In 1992, Sharipov represented the Unified team which won the team gold medal. Sharipov represented Ukraine in 1996 winning a gold medal on the parallel bars and a bronze in the team event. Rustam also competed in numerous International and World Championships until retiring from competitive gymnastics in 2000. Sharipov moved to the United States and began his illustrious coaching career. He has coached at many successful programs, the Bart Conner Gymnastics Academy in Norman, OK (2000-01), Houston Gymnastics Academy in Houston, TX (2001-05), Assistant Coach, University of Oklahoma in Norman. OK 2005-2011 and the Head Coach at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH 2011-Present.
Who this course is for:
- Coaches and gymnasts at any level would benefit from taking this course.
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!