WordPress Gutenberg Blocks for Beginners.
What you'll learn
- You'll be able to build blocks from scratch for Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor.
- You'll be able to set up your development environment for building Gutenberg blocks.
- You'll feel very comfortable using the command line to copy, create, delete, and move files and directories.
- You'll be able to build a WordPress plugin from scratch.
- You'll know how to create an easy to maintain, scalable architecture for your Gutenberg blocks.
- You'll know how to use your blocks in both plugin and production environments.
- Be familiar with WordPress.
- A desktop Mac or Windows computer is required.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to build Gutenberg blocks from scratch. Are you a WordPress theme developer? Are you a WordPress plugin developer? Do you build WordPress websites? Then you really need to check this course out.
In the not so distant future WordPress is going to be releasing a new editor codenamed Gutenberg. This new editor will replace the existing TinyMCE wysiwyg editor with the goal of making it easy to create rich page and post layouts.
What the heck is a Gutenberg block? Great question! These new rich page and post layouts will be built using a collection of blocks. A Gutenberg block is then just a piece of a website. A block could be as simple as a button. Or a button with different customization options. Or a button with a form to subscribe to a newsletter. Or a header with a customizable background image. Get it?!
We teach you everything you need, and nothing you don't.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build blocks from scratch, for the new Gutenberg editor for WordPress.
- Anyone beginning block development for the new Gutenberg editor for WordPress.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build a WordPress plugin.
- Anyone who wants to get more familiar with using React and WordPress.
- Anyone who wants to get more comfortable with using the command line, the NPM package ecosystem, and webpack.
I’ve been designing and coding websites for the past 10 years. I am OBSESSED with building blocks for the WordPress block editor. They offer the perfect canvas for constraint and creativity. Every block we’ll build in my courses solves a unique problem and presents a new challenge and opportunity to learn.