Learn Classical Guitar Technique and play "Spanish Romance"
What you'll learn
- You'll be able to confidently play scales, block chords, and arpeggios with the right hand.
- You'll be able to play barre chords, hammer-ons, and pull-offs (and more) with the left hand.
- You'll apply your new skills by playing 3 pieces of music for the classical guitar, "Pavan" by Luis Milan, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by J.S. Bach, and the beautiful piece, "Spanish Romance."
- You'll need a computer/tablet and an internet connection. The PDF files of the sheet music are downloadable but the videos are not downloadable.
- The only thing you need is a guitar and something to use as a foot-rest.
In this course, you're going to learn how to play every important technique for classical guitar, and you will immediately put your skills to use by playing 3 classical guitar pieces, "Pavan" by Luis Milan, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by J.S. Bach, and the hauntingly beautiful "Spanish Romance."
What you can expect from the course
- You'll find out how great it feels to be able to play complex music using your right-hand fingers to pluck the strings
- You'll have more security and accuracy with less strain as you use your left-hand to play all over the neck of the guitar
- To play 3 different classical guitar pieces, and learn how to put them together well enough to perform the pieces for others
- You'll start with the basics and move on to many different techniques, ranging from hammer-ons and pull-offs to barre chords to natural harmonics
If you've ever wondered how to play music that has multiple parts going on at the same time, or how to play chords where all the strings are not right next to each other, then this course is for you. If you would like to be able to play wide left- hand stretches but you don't have a huge hand, and you would like to know how to practice so you don't strain or injure yourself, then this course is going to be helpful.
The course is video-based, and there are a variety of camera angles showing each example in detail. There are also PDF files of the sheet music for each musical example and piece in both regular notes and guitar tablature.
Having good technique is important when you're playing classical guitar, but it's equally important to have an outlet where you can use those techniques. That's why this course finished by helping you learn to play 3 great pieces of music, "Alman" by Luis Milan, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by J.S. Bach, and the famous "Spanish Romance."
The great thing about working on your technique in advance is that you will find the process of learning and playing pieces less difficult and more enjoyable.
By clicking the button that say "Start Learning Now," you'll get lifetime access to all of the lecture videos and downloadable/printable PDF files. You can start making music at a higher level than you may have thought possible, but you have to jump in and get started. Thanks for reading.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you are a guitar player with some experience playing simple songs, studies, and/or classical guitar pieces.
- If you have never played guitar at all and you are a complete beginner, this course isn't for you right now.
- This course is going to help you find solutions to a wide variety of problems that commonly give guitarists trouble. If you want to learn to play the right way without forming bad habits, then you're going to have a great time with this course.
My name is Brian Riggs and I am a classical guitarist and guitar teacher from Chicago, IL. I have a degree in classical guitar performance from the Chicago College of Performing Arts, and I've played in master classes with some amazing guitarists, most notably Christopher Parkening at his class at Montana State University.
I want to share what I've learned from those experiences with as many people as possible; Some of my most satisfying musical experiences have been seeing students make progress and become musicians in their own right. I've taught thousands of lessons in person and I've had the great experience of helping people fulfill their musical goals and realizing their potential as guitarists.