Guitar - Pop Songs For Beginners
- You should have a guitar!
- You should have fingers ;)
Every exercise in this course is part of a REAL SONG
Let me ask you a question: why do you want to play guitar? For most people, the answer is "to play my favorite songs", or "to play cool music"
Most courses seem to forget about this and spend months making you play boring exercises and useless information, which leaves students demotivated and bored.
My main goal is to get you playing songs you know and love as quickly as possible.
So to do this, every single exercise in this course teaches you to play a real song. You'll learn all the techniques you need to by playing songs with those techniques in them, so you're never left learning something pointless or boring.
What songs will I learn?
This course is based around popular modern music, you'll learn songs from:
- Ed Sheeran - Shape of you, Perfect
- Charlie Puth - Attention
- The Chainsmokers - Closer
- James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
By the end of the course you'll be able to actually play all 4 of these songs!
What's included in the course?
- 30 min of video content. This course is purposely direct and to the point. You'll learn everything you need, without wasting time on boring, drawn out content. It shouldn't take years to learn guitar.
- Individual, priority support. Have a question? No worries, I'm always here to help you with any issues you have along the way!
- A great system on udemy for keeping track of which videos you've been through, regardless of which device you're on
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has never picked up a guitar before
- Anyone who has started guitar before, but never stuck with it
- Anyone who wants a simple, step by step guide from the very beginning to being able to play guitar
- Anyone who wants to learn guitar quickly, and impress people with their skills
- 00:43Getting Ready To Play
- 00:07Setting Up Your Guitar
- 01:57Fretting Notes
- 01:45Changing Notes
- 00:40Some More Changes
- 00:49Another Riff
- 01:23Bringing It Together
- 00:30Tuning The Guitar
- 03:34Tuning The Guitar Pt. 2
- 01:06Basics Of Timing
- 01:22Timing Riff
- 01:23Another Riff
- 00:54Bringing It Together
- 02:10A Third Riff
- 01:54A Third Riff Pt 2
- 01:52Putting It Together
- 01:37How To Succeed
- 02:50Section 1 Final Project
- 00:48Bonus Lecture: Next Steps
My name is Kurt, and I teach people to play guitar. Here's a little bit about my journey:
For some reason, by the time I was 5, I already knew I wanted to rock. It might have been that my dad played classic rock on the radio 24/7 for my entire childhood...who knows?
In any case, 5 year old me knew that guitar was my calling. The music studio near me told us that guitar is tough for really young kids though, so I waited not-so-patiently and finally had my first lesson the week I turned 10 - and I haven't looked back since.
I took lessons in theory and playing for 8 years, and ended up teaching at that same studio. I left to get my mechanical engineering degree, but I kept teaching on the side to help pay for school. I performed wherever I could, and played in several bands over the years. I still play guitar daily, and still love it over a decade later! Teaching guitar is my full time gig these days.
Over time, I created the method that I teach in my course. So many people start guitar and then quit. I quickly realized that the problem is not that guitar is too hard, it's just that the traditional methods of teaching it really suck. My goal is to get every student who takes my course to love the guitar, and come out confident and ready to play anything - without spending ages on boring scales, songs, and useless information.